Windows 10: (plugged in, not charging)

Discus and support (plugged in, not charging) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop is plugged in with my charger, but it shows a message 14% available (plugged in, not charging) help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JasonGonzalezB, Jun 10, 2019.

1. (plugged in, not charging)

my laptop is plugged in with my charger, but it shows a message 14% available (plugged in, not charging) help me

:)

JasonGonzalezB, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Jun 10, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

(plugged in, not charging)

Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

(plugged in, not charging)

1. (plugged in, not charging) - Similar Threads - plugged charging

2. Lenovo Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging: I have a Yoga 370 plugged into AC adapter, but no charging. I'm using latest Windows 10(version 1903), also try uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" but the issue still remain. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  3. Disk Usage goes up to 100% when Laptop is plugged in and charging, but improves when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage goes up to 100% when Laptop is plugged in and charging, but improves when...: I'm running Windows 10 and my laptop performance has been really good up until about a week ago when the laptop got much slower while opening apps or even webpages and I noticed Disk Usage was 100% in Task Manager where "System", "Service Host: Local System (2)" and at times,...
  4. Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging

Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging: I'm having issues with Windows 10 Power Saving Mode on my laptop. When the Power Source (charger) is plugged in the laptop will go in and out of power savings mode ever second or so. This does not happen when the battery is fully charged. I've replace the power source and...
  5. battery does not charge when plugged in

battery does not charge when plugged in: how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/5ebd85e4-e45f-4271-b9c8-5dc1eeb9e804
  6. 95% available (plugged in not charging)

95% available (plugged in not charging): My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 95% (plugged in not charging) What are my options? I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, no luck...
  7. battery plugged in, not charging

battery plugged in, not charging: After a recent Windows 10 update last week, identified by Outlook, Xcel, Word, PowerPoint icon change, I now have a 'battery plugged in, not charging' message. I experienced this problem last year after a Windows update. On that occasion, after some 3 weeks the problem was...
  8. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  9. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  10. Windows 10-Battery status: 0% available, plugged in, not charging

Windows 10-Battery status: 0% available, plugged in, not charging: Hello, I have acer Aspire E15 E5 573G laptop with Win-10 Home edition. Recently I upgraded PC config to 480gb SSD (for OS only) and additional 4GB ram. After a week of usage, I stumbled upon the issue mentioned in the subject. I have tried following but in vain: Restart...