Windows 10: Plugged in, not charging

Discus and support Plugged in, not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by acetrumps, Sep 12, 2015.

1. acetrumps Win User

Plugged in, not charging

I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going into Device Manager and uninstalling the battery driver then scanning for updates, but it's still not charging. I even went into Command Prompt and tried sfc /scannow but it didn't change anything. Please help?

:)

acetrumps, Sep 12, 2015

2. Charging issue "Plugged in, not Charging"

Maybe your O/S just isn't seeing how much the battery is charged. Can you go into the BIOS and see how much the battery is charged? Login. Let sit for an hour, then go back to BIOS and has the battery charged any?

Solar-Eclipse, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Charging issue "Plugged in, not Charging"

Did you try a new battery?

Solar-Eclipse, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Plugged in, not charging

Have you considered the possibility your battery went bad?

I recommend calling/contacting HP about this issue, and they may suggest purchasing a new battery.

DustSailor, Sep 12, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    Since you have had it for years. That right there states volumes. You need to either see if a local Battery place can get it cheaper than you can through eBay or Amazon.

bro67, Sep 12, 2015
  6. patrakWA Win User
    This is a common problem for many users upgrading to Windows 10 and not only for your machine. I have the same issue...
    See this thread: Cable is Plugged in but battery is not charging. - Microsoft Community

patrakWA, Oct 25, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Windows 10 have a special battery saving mode. Maybe this is incompatible with your old notebook. Try disabling it. I do not have a Windows 10 notebook, so I cannot guide you, but it should be at the power settings.

spapakons, Oct 25, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Plugged in, not charging

This happened to me yesterday on my old (2006) MacBook Pro after installing some drivers.

Deleting and reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver as described here fixed it.

I'm running Windows 10 but the method described for Windows 7 in the link worked just fine.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Plugged in, not charging

1. Plugged in, not charging - Similar Threads - Plugged charging

2. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  3. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  4. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  5. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  6. Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in: My Laptop is a Dell Latitude with Windows 11 on it, and it says it's charging but it's not plugged in at all. I've reseted it three times and updated my computer just to make sure, but it still says it's charging. The battery light that shows when it's charging is still one,...
  7. Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in

Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in: My Laptop is a Dell Latitude with Windows 11 on it, and it says it's charging but it's not plugged in at all. I've reseted it three times and updated my computer just to make sure, but it still says it's charging. The battery light that shows when it's charging is still one,...
  8. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.: For about a week and a half I have been dealing with this and have been trying to figure out what to do. Just about at the point where I am going to take it to the local laptop repair shop. I have used this laptop for 4 years. Constanalty running BIM and design software and...
  9. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.: For about a week and a half I have been dealing with this and have been trying to figure out what to do. Just about at the point where I am going to take it to the local laptop repair shop. I have used this laptop for 4 years. Constanalty running BIM and design software and...
  10. I have a Asus A17 Laptop when I plug the charger it gives me high ping while charging and...

I have a Asus A17 Laptop when I plug the charger it gives me high ping while charging and...: Device:- Asus A17 Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-asus-a17-laptop-when-i-plug-the-charger/2aa4bae3-1107-4b07-88a2-93b19adea0bb