Windows 10: plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.

Discus and support plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plugged-in-shows-on-screen-every-3-seconds-how-do/c5e22753-3e01-4c79-81f2-f99015eb0bf4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BeverleeVaillancourt, Jul 20, 2019.

1. plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.

see above

:)

BeverleeVaillancourt, Jul 20, 2019
  2. nthnu Win User

The battery icon shows it going from plugged in to battery then back to plugged in within about 3 seconds. Any ideas?

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. Every so many minutes, the screen dims and goes back to normal. I noticed the battery icon shows it is plugged in. When the screen dims, the laptop is acting like it's using the battery. The battery icon also shows
    it going from plugged in to battery then back to plugged in within about 3 seconds. Any ideas? Thanks

nthnu, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Triple_J Win User
    Screen Blackout for 2-3 seconds when plugged in.

After updating to Windows 10,whenever i plug in my charger the screen blacks out for 3-4 seconds and then comes back.The same thing happens when i plug out also.I know it can be changed in the settings but i don't know how?

Triple_J, Jul 20, 2019
  4. plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.

Plugging in second screen makes built-in display + second screen go blank

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please share these details.

1) Are you connecting the second monitor through the VGA or the HDMI port?

2) What is the make and model of the second monitor?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to an incompatible driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to check if you have configured the second screen correctly. It depends on which settings you have selected for the second monitor. You can extend, duplicate or choose only the second screen to be ON. If you have selected only the
    second screen to be ON and if the second screen is not compatible, then both the screen might appear black. Refer to this article to check if you have configured the second screen correctly:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic card driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this answers your query. You can write back to us for further queries/issues related to windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.

1. plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it. - Similar Threads - plugged shows screen

2. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Glitches every 3 seconds: My laptop was working good and when i turned on this morning the screen started glitching and it is repeated every 3 seconds and goes back to normal for another and this goes on . i have tried updating the graphics driver, reinstalled windows and nothing worked....
  3. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitches every 3 seconds: My laptop was working good and when i turned on this morning the screen started glitching and it is repeated every 3 seconds and goes back to normal for another and this goes on . i have tried updating the graphics driver, reinstalled windows and nothing worked....
  4. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  6. Black screen every 3 seconds

Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  7. How do I get rid of a split screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of a split screen?: How do I get rid of a split screen?Going to shape does not work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-split-screen/c9cff1b6-5323-435f-918c-31dfffe493fe
  8. How do I get rid of this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  9. How do I get rid of this screen?

How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  10. How do i get rid of the blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of the blue screen?: once in 24h smth like that my laptop hp notebook ay-002nq its crushing the blue screen which says : " stop code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED " " What failed bcmwl63a.sys" 74336