Windows 10: plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

Discus and support plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 on HP OmenLaptop had been runnign for over an hour running, was plugged into power supply. I plugged in SSD - screen pops up says "Locking"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mauer_68, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Mauer_68 Win User

plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

Windows 10 on HP OmenLaptop had been runnign for over an hour running, was plugged into power supply. I plugged in SSD - screen pops up says "Locking" and powers down. Now, no response: won't restart and does not show power/charging light at power port.I did nothing beyond plug in the SSD. No new programs on it.WTH did I do?

:)

Mauer_68, Jun 7, 2021
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

Hi,

I understand the previous solution worked only temporarily and the issue remains the same so as to the next step in solving this issue I would suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Click to open Device Manager

Step 3:

Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Step 4:

Right-click on each item and choose the Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.

Step 5:

Shut down your laptop.

Step 6:

Unplug the power cable from your laptop.

If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. If no removable battery skip this step.

Step 7:

Put the battery back in if you removed it.

Step 8:

Plug in your laptop.

Step 9:

Power on your laptop.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 7, 2021
  4. plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

1. plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down - Similar Threads - plugged SSD laptop

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power: Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on without charger it gives me 3f0 hard disk error, and if i turn it on with charger eveerything works.I tried to reinstall it and it...
  6. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power: Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on without charger it gives me 3f0 hard disk error, and if i turn it on with charger eveerything works.I tried to reinstall it and it...
  7. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

8. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  9. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  10. System locks automatically on plugging in Power

in Windows 10 Customization
    System locks automatically on plugging in Power: Hi, My laptop is HP CC-129tx ; Since long time ago my PC locks up automatically when I Plugged in Power without any message; Kindly suggest what could be the problem in this case....