Windows 10: Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...

Discus and support Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after 2004 update. Any ideas? submitted by /u/PossessedGravy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PossessedGravy, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...

Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after 2004 update. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/PossessedGravy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PossessedGravy, Aug 30, 2020
  2. JBG123 Win User

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Their is only one phone jack where a modem can be placed in our house and it is to complicated to get Ethernet from the modem up to my computer. I can still connect with wireless internet but I want to be able to use Ethernet. The modem is a all in one (router+modem). If I buy a router and place it in my room can it connect to the all in one modem without using a phone jack (Just plugging it into the power outlet) alowing me to connect the router to the PC using Ethernet?

JBG123, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Windows detects no ethernet cable is plugged when connected directly to modem

I had a network setup which consisted of a modem and a
    Wifi router, where the router is connected to the modem, and all other device is connected to the router.

Recently my ISP offered to change the old modem to a newer modem+Wifi router combo, which had better performance than my old standalone router.
    When migrating, every device connects to the modem properly, except for my PC, which detects no ethernet cable is plugged when it was connected directly to the modem. Sometime it got network access, but that only last about 10 seconds before windows said the cable is "unplugged" again.
    On the modem side, the ethernet port was blinking green every one seconds. Sometimes it goes orange, but most of the time. It just stay blinking green.

I tried conneting the pc through the router then the modem and the PC connects to it fine. But that setup takes a lot of my space, not to mention the router is ancient.
    I also tried reinstalling the driver using my MoBo included driver disk, but to no avail

Thanks in advance!

Muhammad Syarif, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Henry60AR Win User

Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...

1. Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after... - Similar Threads - Plugged modem Ethernet

2. PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.: I bought an HP laptop about 4 months ago, which came with Window 11 installed. Recently every time when the laptop is powered up, it could not detect the connection to internet via Ethernet cable connection the pc was able to detect internet via wifi to the same modem. I...
  3. PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.: I bought an HP laptop about 4 months ago, which came with Window 11 installed. Recently every time when the laptop is powered up, it could not detect the connection to internet via Ethernet cable connection the pc was able to detect internet via wifi to the same modem. I...
  4. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ethernet connection not recognized on PC: I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've...
  5. Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup: I'm at my wits end. My PC is pretty fast(Use it for gaming), and has always connected to internet as soon as windows starts up. Sometime in the last 3 weeks, this issue started happening. For about 1 week, I have spent 2 hours a day trying to fix this issue . I don't...
  6. Computer won't connect to internet after sleep for about 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't connect to internet after sleep for about 30 seconds: Latest update installed with Ethernet connected. After I wake PC from sleep it says network identifying... and takes about a minute to finally be connected. This has never been an issue before. Any ideas? I'm plugged in Ethernet. submitted by /u/PossessedGravy [link]...
  7. No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup

No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup: When I turn my computer on and log in, I have no internet connection for about 30 seconds. This sounds like it's not a big deal, but I have a bunch of programs that run on startup and require internet access, and they aren't happy about the lack of connection. If I run...
  8. Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds

Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds: hi all and thanks for reading... windows 10 machine, up to date, wireless is fine, though ethernet says disconnected when it is connected, and every 25-30 seconds the ethernet connection flashes 'identifying' for 1 second then goes back to disconnected. it's a Dell...
  9. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...
  10. Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?

Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?: Hi Sorry if not the correct place to ask, but do people usually leave their internet connection always connected to online? Whether connected by ethernet or via wireless? I tend to plug when logging off and re-plug in when fully booted up and logged into windows....