Windows 10: Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green

Discus and support Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Some back ground. I am using a “boot camp” installation of Win10Pro on an Apple MacBook Pro A1398. Connected two brand new Dell 27” U2718Q.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinSTexas, May 8, 2019.

1. Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green

Hello,

Some back ground. I am using a “boot camp” installation of Win10Pro on an Apple MacBook Pro A1398. Connected two brand new Dell 27” U2718Q. Using Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI (Thunderbolt 2 Compatible) cables. Laptop has two Thunderbolt 2 video outputs. Both monitors functioned properly for several hours, still do, tested with another laptop, all good. However after I plugged an Eagletec KG010 Mechanical USB keyboard in, at this point I’m using one monitor, monitor flickered and went very bright solid green screen and has been that way ever since Did the usual tech thing, unplugged monitor, rebooted laptop and rebooted monitor, de-energized, updated drivers and rechecked all my settings. I know its something simple, just can’t find it.

Regards,

Kevin

:)

KevinSTexas, May 8, 2019

2. External monitor for laptop

I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor, which I have plugged in via USBs, but the display still only shows up on the laptop itself. How can I get the display to be viewed on the external monitor?

TimWilson2, May 8, 2019
  3. Nagyanya Win User
    mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three
    items plus the hub. The printer is recognized as are the two charging ports on the hub. An external monitor is connected into the laptop via hdmi cable and works fine.

Nagyanya, May 8, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green

Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The monitor will display the Windows (or OS) logo until it boots into the OS because during the boot the motherboard displays output to the second monitor however once the OS is loaded the computer switches to Extended Display allowing the user to use both
    monitors (If they both worked)

You will be able to get the laptop to display only to the monitor when connected by:

1. Turn off computer completely

2. Connect the VGA cable to the laptop (output) and monitor (input)

3. Power on laptop and Immediately close the cover of the laptop completely shut

RESOLUTION: By doing these steps the BIOS will boot recognizing the monitor as the main and only output option allowing the monitor to continue to work even after loading the OS.

The laptop will be completely closed therefore you will need a usb or bluetooth keyboard and mouse in order to perform operations going forward.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green

1. Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green - Similar Threads - Plugged USB keyboard

2. USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore: hi,I have a lenovo T14s 3rd generation with windows 11 pro.I usually use a USB-c adapter with an HDMI external monitor, the external monitor is usually recognized on both USB4 plugs.Last week I updated windows and now the USB4 plug I usually use, cannot detect the external...
  3. Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in: Hello everybody I have such a problem that when I turn on my laptop without the second monitor plugged in it doesn´t turn on like it turns on but does not load anything just a black screen. But when I plug the second monitor I leave it a little time so then it works like...
  4. Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in

Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in: Hello everybody I have such a problem that when I turn on my laptop without the second monitor plugged in it doesn´t turn on like it turns on but does not load anything just a black screen. But when I plug the second monitor I leave it a little time so then it works like...
  5. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  6. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  7. My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.: For the past few months, my laptop's taskbar and desktop randomly turns solid green. It doesn't show any buttons or apps it is just solid green. If I restart, everything goes back to normal but sometimes I can't restart at the moment and I need to access things from the...
  8. monitor turns green

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor turns green: hello, I have a flat screen computerpretty old though.It was working just fine, until recently the monitor is turning green. I checked the cable for some loose connection, but its just fine.Could you please help me with what to do....
  9. Second monitor turning solid purple

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor turning solid purple: I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop, with a vizio TV as a second monitor. Randomly, the TV will turn a soild pink/purple color, but goes back to normal if I unplug/plug back in the HDMI cable. I have never seen it actually happen, only when I get out of my room for a...
  10. Streamed Video is Solid Green

Streamed Video is Solid Green: Except for Netflix running in Firefox, all attempts to display streamed video shows a solid green video area. I have two video adapters, ATI Radeon HD4600 and NVIDEA GeForce GT 610. Four displays Dell s2409w (Primary display for watching video), HP w2338h (Primary console) ,...