Windows 10: Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?

Discus and support Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's what I'm talking about, this happens every time I plug my earphones in our out of the laptop: https://imgur.com/s673ocv. This is accompanied by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DieGenerates97, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?

Here's what I'm talking about, this happens every time I plug my earphones in our out of the laptop: https://imgur.com/s673ocv. This is accompanied by the audio literally flickering between outputs and killing any video I may have been watching.

The BK550Y is the name of the monitor's integrated speakers that I have the laptop plugged into via HDMI. The speakers are garbage, so I only ever want to use the laptop speakers or my earphones. Both of those output under the "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" tag.

I actually have the BK550Y disabled under sound settings, but when this weird flickering happens, it comes up as another BK550Y that appears and disappears under active devices until things settle.

Anybody have any ideas?

submitted by /u/DieGenerates97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DieGenerates97, Dec 13, 2020

2. Cackling sounds when plugging earphones to laptop

By dirty connection, the laptop audio jack? The earphones I currently use is just new, arrived yesterday. And both earphones I used for testing has 4 zones.

NatsuIgneelFT, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Cackling sounds when plugging earphones to laptop

Dirty connection, maybe!?

Could be a 3-zone vs 4-zone thing as well, as phones utilize the additional zone for media controls, whereas the laptop may not...

Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)? [​IMG]

Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 13, 2020
  4. ARJUNO Win User

Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?

Failed to get output audio from wireless earphone.

My new oneplus earphone was connected to laptop (hp pavilion x360). But I didn't hear output audio from earphone. When i contact with hp, they said Its
    compatibility issues. Can anyone help me to solve this issue ?

ARJUNO, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?

1. Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)? - Similar Threads - Plugging earphones laptop

2. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged: Audio in my laptop is coming from speaker as well as earphone at the same time when earphone is plugged. Please tell me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-coming-simultaneously-from-earphone-and/065670d8-f50e-4e25-8857-68e5d50161e7
  3. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  4. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  5. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  6. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  7. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Plugging laptop in makes ping go into the thousands!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugging laptop in makes ping go into the thousands!: Hello, so when I play games on my laptop without it being plugged into the charger it runs fine fps and ping. But when I plug the charger in the screen will freeze and the ping will go into the thousands. Once I unplug the ping will come down too into normal range. Any have a...
  9. audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged: So this happens when my earphones are not plugged:I can't play music and when I play videos, it gets laggy and it stops playing. But when I plugged in my earphones, it functions well. A while ago, the Xbox screen recording idk what you call that suddenly popped open. I...
  10. Numlock Makes Windows Go Crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numlock Makes Windows Go Crazy: Hey Guys. When I press Numlock on my Lenovo laptop, my laptop suddenly locks itself and when I unlock it, there are a bunch of help tabs open in edge. Then my keys don't type properly and perform different functions. For example 'H' opens the voice control setting. I don't...