Windows 10: Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

Discus and support Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SomeoneFromTheInternet, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update them, ive tried checking for updates, nothing. So what happens is: I plug in my mouse > absolutely nothing happens. no driver search,i dont think windows even knows it has usb portsPlease get me out of my problemKind regards

:)

SomeoneFromTheInternet, Jun 17, 2022
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jun 17, 2022
  3. frozensun Win User
    USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Widjaja Win User

Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

Lightning Storm makes my computer to produce sound of a removable device plug-off

The Aliens are coming.
    First step to World domination, unplug USB devices.

Widjaja, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

1. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing - Similar Threads - Plugging USB devices

2. Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.: I have a Levono X64 system laptop running Windows 11. I have a GARMIN USB-m stick which works in my partners laptop also running Windows 11 and also works in my old laptop running Windows 10.When I plug the USB-m stick into either of the 2 available USB-3 slots, the device...
  3. Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.: I have a Levono X64 system laptop running Windows 11. I have a GARMIN USB-m stick which works in my partners laptop also running Windows 11 and also works in my old laptop running Windows 10.When I plug the USB-m stick into either of the 2 available USB-3 slots, the device...
  4. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  5. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  6. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  7. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  8. USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in: Hello dear community : I have a problem with my HP laptop 15-dw1xxx with a Intel core i5-10210U 1.60 GHz, MS Windows 10 home, 64bit. Suddenly, I got the notification "USB device not recognized" although no USB device has been changed in that moment. Besides, there is the...
  9. Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works: Ok so I downloaded a game overnight on my laptop Acer Predator Helios 300. I had my laptop on sleep and when I woke it up in the morning everything was working fine. I then went to go clean something and when I came back and powered on my computer, windows 10 was literally...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...