Windows 10: Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

Discus and support Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a brand new Fusion5 tablet running Windows 10. It plays sound correctly. I can plug in a usb external drive and access the files on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rosemary_7211, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

This is a brand new Fusion5 tablet running Windows 10.

It plays sound correctly.

I can plug in a usb external drive and access the files on it.

But if I am playing music and then plug in the usb external drive, the drive is accessible but the sound immediately stops.

If I plug the drive in and then start the music, there is also no sound.

Since all our music is on the external drive, this is not going to be an effective stereo!

Help!

Thanks,

Rosemary

:)

Rosemary_7211, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Sep 13, 2020
  3. PNY Debuts the Wave 3.0 USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies has announced the launch of the Wave 3.0 USB flash drive, a must-have for users who want to store or share their photos, music, videos and documents while on the move.

Store and transfer images, music, documents and more up to 5x faster
    Stylishly engineered with a sleek, retractable design, the PNY Wave 3.0 USB flash drive boasts super-fast read speeds of up to 80 MB/s and write speeds of up to 20 MB/s - that's 5 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, it's ready to plug and play with your existing gear.

Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible PNY_Wave_Attache_3.0_01_thm.jpg

The PNY Wave 3.0 with protective sliding cover is the perfect solution for safely storing, transferring, and sharing your valuable files, photos, videos, and more.

Benefits:
    • USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    • Read Speed: up to 80 MB/s
    • Write speed: up to 20 MB/s
    • Capless design
    • 5x faster than USB 2.0
    • Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    Availability and pricing:
    PNY Wave 3.0 is available now from all registered PNY retailers in the UK at the following recommended retail prices:
    • 16 GB - £19.99
    • 32 GB - £29.99
    • 64 GB - £59.99

Cristian_25H, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

usb drive not recognized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get an error, ‘USB device not recognized’ when connecting a USB drive. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Does the issue occur with only one USB drive?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
      Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to try plugging the USB to a different USB port and check if that helps. You can also try connecting the USB to a different computer and check.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Error: “USB Device not recognized" when you try to access
    a USB external hard drive
    except Method 1 & 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible

1. Plugging in usb drive stops music playing usb drive is accessible - Similar Threads - Plugging usb drive

2. Keep the USB drive plugged in - not a duplicate!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keep the USB drive plugged in - not a duplicate!: Hi, The past few months I have been having this issue where my computer is asleep, but when I come back to it the fan is running loud and I have to shut the laptop down. When I open it again this error message pops up: Keep the USB drive plugged in. Only remove it after...
  3. My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?: It is coming up with the message 'the disk structure is corrupted or unreadible'. THIS IS URGENT AS I NEED TO ACCESS THE USB BY TOMORROW AS I NEED SOME INFORMATION / FILES ON IT....
  4. USB Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive not accessible: Phantom USB Drive not accessible - not connected to system - visible only on THIS PC and no security tab in properties Drive is maxed. How do I get rid of this drive?...
  5. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I tried inserting my flash drive & external driver to my Acer Aspire E13 laptop but it is not responding. it says " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file...
  6. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive: Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to...
  7. Music on a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music on a USB flash drive: I have changed cars and my new car only has usb ports for your music. I have therefore ripped loads of CDs using WMP and created files for all these albums. I then copied these files to the usb stick ready to plug it into my car and enjoy a huge selection of quality...
  8. USB plug in Zip Drives

USB plug in Zip Drives: I have several odd zip drives which contain various content. If I plug them in to my usb drive I can pull up their content, but I want to clear the drive for new content. How do I delete all old material from a zip drive?...
  9. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....
  10. USB Plug in Drives

USB Plug in Drives: I am having problems in getting an External DVD Drive recognised by my laptop that is running Windows 10 with 1803. When the laptop is operating and I plug in a Canon Camera SX730-HS the File Explorer immediately recognises the camera yet when I plug in the external DVD...