Windows 10: Plugging mic into headphone jack

Discus and support Plugging mic into headphone jack in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jon Taylor1, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Plugging mic into headphone jack

I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone, headset, and microphone. What do I need to do to accomplish this?Thank you

:)

Jon Taylor1, Jun 7, 2022

2. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function
    at a time. When I plug in the headphone port it works fine until I plug in the mic where I will get a notification that something has been unplugged from the headphone jack even though both jacks are plugged in. If I plug in the mic first and then the headphones
    I get the same unplugged audio jack notification except for the mic which then proceeds to not work. Please help I have online class today and I need the microphone and headphones working at the same time.

MeatballJones, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic.
    I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The headphones work just fine, the moment I plugged it in the sound came to my headphones, but the computer just keeps using the integrated mic instead of the one on the cable. I have checked the sound settings, nothing changes, neither in the Realtek manager.

The microphone came with a splitter, and i even tried plugging in only the mic part, but still nothing.

unfornatly, i don't have any other exterernal mic to test the jack with, and as far as I know, everything is updated

Pedro12071999, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

Wireless 3.5mm headphone/Mic jack

Im looking for something that I can plug a standard PC Headphone and Mic jack cable into from a headset and make it wireless. The Idea is that I would be able to plug the dongle into the PC's head/mic jack and have it powered by battery and the other dongle be battery powered and plug the headset into it. Make the system wireless cause I work at a call center and we are testing throat mics and they use 3.5mm jacks that go to a rj11 phone jack to the phone. I want to beable to go wireless with it too. Word Diagram:

Phone -> RJ11-x2 3.5mm jack -->wireless dongle - - - - - - - - - - - - ->wireless dongle --> Headset x2 3.5mm mic/speaker

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

Plugging mic into headphone jack

1. Plugging mic into headphone jack - Similar Threads - Plugging mic headphone

2. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  3. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  4. Jack Mic says it is not plugged in

Jack Mic says it is not plugged in: Recently, when using my headset the mic has not been working. There has been no problem with the sound, only the mic will not work. When looking in the sound settings, it says that the jack mic RealtekR audio is not plugged in even when it is. I have tested the mic on other...
  5. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in": Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic was plugged in. I've tried 3 different headphones, 4 different aux cords, and two different aux ports and all of them have...
  6. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  7. Jack mic saying "not plugged it'

Jack mic saying "not plugged it': [ATTACH]My Jack mic says not plugged in when it is. For some reason my computer isnt detecting any Jack mic input for some reason. This happened to me before and I fixed it by doing a restore point, but I cant do a restore point for this situation because I forgot to create...
  8. Problem with headphone jack mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with headphone jack mic: About a week ago my PC suddenly stopped recognizing my 3.5mm jack microphone even though I can hear everything just fine through the headset. In the sound settings it simply states ”input device not found”. Drivers are up to date, every app has permission to use the mic,...
  9. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.: I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I...
  10. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...