Windows 10: Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client

Discus and support Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was investigating Windows Mail client to find out the way, if there, to create plugin or add-in. I developed add-in for Outlook and in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AkahaySarda, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client

Hi,

I was investigating Windows Mail client to find out the way, if there, to create plugin or add-in. I developed add-in for Outlook and in the same line I am trying to create add-in for Mail Client, but I am unable to find any documentation on this. I can say that Mail client do not support any add-in or plugin, but the problem is no Microsoft document says that, at least not directly.

My question is there any way or not to create plugin or add-in for Windows Mail Client ? Ether yes or no, is there any document which can support the answer ?

:)

AkahaySarda, Jan 22, 2019

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jan 22, 2019
  3. IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, Jan 22, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client

1. Plugin or Add-In support for Windows Mail Client - Similar Threads - Plugin Add support

2. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...: I've been finding a number of postings for this problem, enough to make me feel the issue is more wide-spread than one might have thought.Client uses a management application to track billable time and to send invoices to clients. Often no, not always, when she tried to send...
  3. Mail client selection.

Mail client selection.: Hi, I still use Word 2007 as it does everything I need, however when I want to "send" a document to someone, it always starts up Windows Live Mail, however I don't use that, I just use the "Mail" app in Win 10. I have looked at the registry under...
  4. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  5. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  6. Problems with Mail Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Mail Client: I have been using several email accounts via my windows 10 mail server without any issues. Today however I am unable to send emails from my hotmail account. I can type and send the emails but I get the following into my inbox. Delivery has failed to these recipients...
  7. Mail client on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail client on Windows 10: Hello, So I'm having issues with both clients, so maybe you guys know any solutions or other options that I could try out. Not real problems but maybe features they lack. Problems with Windows Mail: language issues (autocorrect and random chinese letters popping up whenever...
  8. Windows 10 mail client

Windows 10 mail client: When I try to ‘fill the entire window’, which is in the Background (Settings>Personalization) I come across a problem. When I turn it on, everything is OK, but if I close the app and then open the mail app again, the background is set back so it cannot "fill the entire...
  9. Windows Mail Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda
  10. Windows 10 Mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Client: I've noticed after trying the Win 10 Email client to access my hotmail accounts, if somebody attaches a picture to one of the emails and I download that attachment, the resulting file is marked as "READ ONLY". Yet if I download the file while logged on to the outlook server,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail plugin

2. plugins for windows mail