Windows 10: PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login!

Discus and support PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All- I am desperately trying to recover my personal files and hopefully restore my Win10 PC to the point before I stupidly locked myself out of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by uknowb, Jan 17, 2020.

1. uknowb Win User

PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login!

Hi All-

I am desperately trying to recover my personal files and hopefully restore my Win10 PC to the point before I stupidly locked myself out of my system.
    Basically, in an attempt to speed up my system, I started disabling running "Services".
    I accessed this from the top menu tab found when running the "Task Manager" application.
    Can't specifically recall which services I disabled or what other options were clicked on from those individual services' properties tabs.
    I can tell you what happened following those changes:

1. After disabling, I closed both the "Services" and "Task Manager" screens.

2. I went to open a mpeg-4 video file from my desktop...
    I was greeted with an error prompt which said something to the effect of "unable to access file 'xxxx' because the program or resources associated can no longer be found or you don't have permission error '#xxxxx' ".

3. I tried clicking on other applications and files and received the same message.

4. From here I thought, ok maybe I just need to change the permissions...

5. I tried to change permissions from right clicking file's icon, then "properties" tab. Now I could no longer run "Access Control" application.

6. This was the same for pretty much every single application on the computer. I could no longer run "Task Manager" or "System Viewer" "Computer Management" "Recovery" etc etc.

7. Opened Console and tried to manually start services and nothing.

8. I logged out.

9. I logged in under my backup User Profile (HAS administrator priveledges), and same thing! NOTHING worked.

10. Restarted computer.

11. "Win10 FAILED TO LOAD - HOLD POWER BUTTON TO REBOOT"

12. Restarted. Same thing.

13. System automatically attempts to repair.

14. Goes through it's steps and brings up Dell Backup and Recovery.

15. Tried running all options and after running "Repair Windows System Files" it ran for awhile and said completed- System must restart.

16. Upon restart, fail.

17. Now the recovery console won't allow me to do any of the options, it says "Disk Partitions have changed please boot from media made to repair Windows or use the device used to create partitions or the disk image"

18. When I selected "go back to Previous Restore Point" it prompts me for my password, but when entered, says password is incorrect. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. Always been the same and never changed it. + Worked right before this happened.

What do I do now?!!!! I seriously need my personal files and don't really care about the computer or Windows at this point. I am just afraid the Recovery Console formatted over them or something tragic happened to the drive where I can't access now because my password is not valid?!!!

WTF?

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!

:)

uknowb, Jan 17, 2020

2. I have sony Xperia X2...I am unable to login to live account . when i m putting user name and password, the error is "unable to connect to my phone services"....plz plz help

I have sony Xperia X2...I am unable to login to live account . when i m putting user name and password, the error is "unable to connect to my phone services"....plz plz help

BabarU Zaman, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied".

Hi Shivam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could probably due to the service not having enough permissions. I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

• Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      REGEDIT
    • Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DoSvc
    • Right click the above registry key and click on
      Permissions.

• On the security
      tab, select the User you want to provide permission.
    • Under Permissions for Administrators,
      check the box next to Full control under
      Allow.
    • Click on Apply > OK and exit
      Registry Editor.

• Open Services Control Panel and now try disabling the service.

If you are unable to disable the service and the bandwidth is still being consumed, it could be due to the Windows Store apps automatic update. You may want to disable the same and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Store and click on the ellipsis at the top right corner.
    • Choose Settings and turn off
      automatic app updates
    • Exit Store and restart the machine to see if the internet bandwidth is still being consumed.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 17, 2020
  4. SiggFri Win User

Disabled all services(including windows services) in msconfig. Help

So I was trying to fix a crashing issue with my firefox browser and it was suggested to disabled all services, but I forgot to check the hide Microsoft services box. After restarting(unknowingly), I was unable to connect to the internet, hear audio, etc.
    I've tried re-enabling the setting but to no avail. I am currently attempting a system restore in hopes it will help.

SiggFri, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login! - Similar Threads - PLZ Help Disabled

2. Unable to update windows - Plz Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows - Plz Help: I have tried google and done every step i can find yet can't work out why its not updating. Only noticed this as my main monitor Widescreen started to look weird and the picture has gone to a 1080x1920. Thats another problem in it self to fix. I looked in device manager and...
  3. Unable to update windows - Plz Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows - Plz Help: I have tried google and done every step i can find yet can't work out why its not updating. Only noticed this as my main monitor Widescreen started to look weird and the picture has gone to a 1080x1920. Thats another problem in it self to fix. I looked in device manager and...
  4. Unable to update windows - Plz Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSCONFIG all services are disabled, unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MSCONFIG all services are disabled, unable to login: Please help to login in & enable msconfig https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-all-services-are-disabled-unable-to-login/a62b46d6-f675-447e-a0ed-2bf1e71004f6
  6. Plz help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plz help: Don’t know what’s? I just updated windows and restarted the computer, but now it’s stuck on a black screen with the mouse and blue loading circle. submitted by /u/Elvisdv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jtbjk1/plz_help/
  7. Plz help

Plz help: So I recently got my desktop and it was working normally well but suddenly about 5 weeks ago it seemed like some windows files were missing and directx also looks like its having problems, And because of this some games wont even launch or even install. I've tried updating my...
  8. help plz

help plz: so um anyone know how to get to this thing power configuration manager utility? i want to disable boost clock on my laptop and i googled it and it told me to go to power configuration manager utility but idk where is it. i did google power configuration manager utility but it...
  9. plz help

plz help: i did a windows update today thinking it’s legit , but now i’m worried it’s not. i got an alert pop up telling me it was scheduled for a certain time, and whether i wanted to push it back an hour or not. i pushed it back and now it’s updating... but it’s taking forever and...
  10. Plz help plz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plz help plz: I was trying to solve login profilr error and i deleted the admin and the restarted my computer. It shows a black screen and when i click on windows button start menu apper which responses but no app is able to come up on screen the screen turns black not even task manager is...