Windows 10: PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

Discus and support PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New PC built: - Windows 10 version 2004 - Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 2600 - Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Monitor: Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quest, Jun 26, 2020.

1. quest Win User

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

New PC built:
    - Windows 10 version 2004
    - Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    - Ryzen 5 2600
    - Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    - Monitor: Samsung UE590

Problem:
    My PC only detects my monitor as an audio device. It doesn't show my headset or microphone as and audio device when I connect it in the 3.5mm jack of the motherboard or the front panel. My headset works fine if I connect it to my monitor (however, my monitor doesn't have microphone jack, so I can't use my microphone).

Things I tried to solve the problem:
    - Updated BIOS
    - Updated Windows
    - Reinstalled Windows
    - Tried different headset
    - Tried using splitter with my headset
    - Updated audio driver. I have two audio drivers: High Definition Audio Driver and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)
    - Tried connecting my monitor with HDMI cable instead of DVI cable

:)

quest, Jun 26, 2020
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Jun 26, 2020
  3. ZoofyZoof Win User
    Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, Jun 26, 2020
  4. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

1. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected - Similar Threads - PLZ HELP Headphones

2. microphone not working, plz help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone not working, plz help: so basicly since I gotten this pc and started using headphones on it, rn using the logitech g332 headphones but I used like 2 others headphones before it, all of they're microphones never worked so I started today to try to fix it, I tried multiple youtube tutorials on this...
  3. microphone not working, plz help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone not working, plz help: so basicly since I gotten this pc and started using headphones on it, rn using the logitech g332 headphones but I used like 2 others headphones before it, all of they're microphones never worked so I started today to try to fix it, I tried multiple youtube tutorials on this...
  4. microphone not working, plz help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected

Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected: hello! i have recently seen a lot of problems regarding headset mics not working, so in this discussion, I will cover Bluetooth headphones and what worked for me first of all, check in settings, system, mic, and please make sure that your mic is turned on and apps are...
  6. Microphone detected as Headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected as Headphones problem: Hello everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm having problems on my laptop. I have a hp spectre x360 and now that I moved city bc of uni I brough my headphones/microphone with me from my main pc. Since this laptop is an ultrabook it only has a...
  7. Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected: I recently bought some new headphones and I wanted to use the microphone on my laptop. It's supposed to work but when I go to device manager it doesn't detect microphone at all. The microphone works properly on my Nintendo switch so I know its not broken. I've tried many...
  8. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  9. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  10. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...