Windows 10: Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore

Discus and support Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I accidentally disabled my files manager and now it's just emptiness but I didn't shut down my laptop out of nervousness. I still have my task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayrajRawat, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore

Hi. I accidentally disabled my files manager and now it's just emptiness but I didn't shut down my laptop out of nervousness. I still have my task manager on my screen and can operate most of the apps from here. Can anyone guide me on how to restore files explorer? Plz

:)

JayrajRawat, Jul 23, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 23, 2021
  3. How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore

Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore

1. Plz it's urgent I accidentally disabled files explorer and nothing is working anymore - Similar Threads - Plz urgent accidentally

2. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  3. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  4. Basically nothing works anymore solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basically nothing works anymore solved: Basically, a while after using windows 11, several months, an update comes that gets installed, this time seemingly on its own. This makes it so that next time I boot it up, it takes a long time to even get to the desktop, it's preparing Windows it says. Once you do get in,...
  5. Basically nothing works anymore solved

Basically nothing works anymore solved: Basically, a while after using windows 11, several months, an update comes that gets installed, this time seemingly on its own. This makes it so that next time I boot it up, it takes a long time to even get to the desktop, it's preparing Windows it says. Once you do get in,...
  6. Basically nothing works anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basically nothing works anymore: Basically, a while after using windows 11, several months, an update comes that gets installed, this time seemingly on its own. This makes it so that next time I boot it up, it takes a long time to even get to the desktop, it's preparing Windows it says. Once you do get in,...
  7. Basically nothing works anymore

Basically nothing works anymore: Basically, a while after using windows 11, several months, an update comes that gets installed, this time seemingly on its own. This makes it so that next time I boot it up, it takes a long time to even get to the desktop, it's preparing Windows it says. Once you do get in,...
  8. The preview pane in explorer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The preview pane in explorer not working anymore: The preview pane in explorer. The preview pane is not working for office, PDF, Coreldraw. Only jpeg file work, I have spent 6 hours. Tried everything I could find on google. Including 8 ways to fix... I use windows 10 Pro. I go into appropriate folders and scroll no longer...
  9. File Explorer - I don't understand it anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - I don't understand it anymore: [ATTACH] That's my File Explorer layout. This is a new computer Dell XPS 8930. This machine has 2 drives: OS C: contains the operating system on a 256 GB SSD, and DATA D: is the 2TB harddrive. So far so good. Then there is something in File Explorer called "This PC" and...
  10. Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally disabled MS services, nothing works to get back in: Hi all. I couldn't install a program and someone recommended I perform a clean boot. I disabled MS services instead of deselecting them and now my password to Windows is not accepted. I created an ISO file from another computer and tried to boot from that (on a USB hard...