Windows 10: PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders.

Discus and support PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I noticed that my PNG images on my desktop and in other places like folders, etc do not have their thumbnails as they did before. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daft Humor, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my PNG images on my desktop and in other places like folders, etc do not have their thumbnails as they did before. I attempted to go into the folder options and edit the settings that other people recommend and nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

:)

Daft Humor, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 1, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 1, 2018
  4. PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders.

Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders.

1. PNG files have no thumbnails on desktop and in folders. - Similar Threads - PNG files thumbnails

2. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  3. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  4. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  5. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  6. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  8. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  9. .PNG files have blank thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PNG files have blank thumbnails?: I tried clearing the icon cache and tried lots of tutorials. And I don't have any system restore points. 181197
  10. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...