Windows 10: .png files in file explorer on W10

Discus and support .png files in file explorer on W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicolas Gouwy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. .png files in file explorer on W10

hello,

when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good.

Now if you replace all white pixels with black pixels, file explorer will set the background (so, transparency pixels) to white for a better view.

But since I added both white .png files and black .png files, the background is always set to black and it became impossible to see black pictures.. event after removing all white files, the background won't set to white.

I since had some problems with my hard drive and had to buy one and reinstall W10 (the .png files are on OneDrive) but File explorer still shows .png files with a black background after reinstallation so maybe the prob is persistant? please help me setting the background to white of anything else that can let me see the pictures without having to open them.

:)

Nicolas Gouwy, Jul 3, 2019

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jul 3, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

.png files in file explorer on W10

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

.png files in file explorer on W10

1. .png files in file explorer on W10 - Similar Threads - png files file

2. I cant see Png from file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant see Png from file explorer: HiI'm having a problem when trying to look at Photos in my USB drive. when opening the drive from file explorer and trying to see a photo it pops up the message that says "It looks like we don't support this file format" Its a PNGI attempted to use the photos app directly...
  3. I cant see Png from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant see Png from file explorer: HiI'm having a problem when trying to look at Photos in my USB drive. when opening the drive from file explorer and trying to see a photo it pops up the message that says "It looks like we don't support this file format" Its a PNGI attempted to use the photos app directly...
  4. W10 File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File Explorer Problems: I can no longer see files with network connected storage, NAS and media appliances. Using media center I can see the files and using a MAC they are there. This problem occurred after the April updates....
  5. File Explorer and W10 file structure

File Explorer and W10 file structure: I am the sole user of a W10 PC and find the basic file structure used in W10 totally confusing. It seems impossible to get information about what is nested under what and how the parts are interacting to understand how the hierarchy is built up. Trying to re/organize my...
  6. Explorer window preview of PNG files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer window preview of PNG files: Anyone else experiencing lack of support for previews of files in windows 10? Tried all the online articles on how to resolve this and still no luck. submitted by /u/ChromeQuixote [link] [comments]...
  7. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  8. Unknown PNG file

Unknown PNG file: Somhow ther has com a unknown file om my laptop, a png file.. How can it be possibol? its named "iSeeFaceSomewhere_2_14_22_15_10_127" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-png-file/bd222e4c-8dbe-45f3-9e36-519d8a3e29f9"
  9. Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer: hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good. Now if you replace all white pixels...
  10. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"