Windows 10: .png files not opening in Windows 10

Discus and support .png files not opening in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to open .png files. It shows- icon.png looks it appears that we don't support this file format [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Everything_201, Sep 16, 2020.

1. .png files not opening in Windows 10

I am trying to open .png files. It shows- icon.png looks it appears that we don't support this file format

.png files not opening in Windows 10 897f410e-276e-4bc3-9da0-a653b9568430?upload=true.png

:)

Everything_201, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 16, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

.png files not opening in Windows 10

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

.png files not opening in Windows 10 [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

.png files not opening in Windows 10

1. .png files not opening in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - png files opening

2. Windows 10 newest 2021 version will NOT open PNG files?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 newest 2021 version will NOT open PNG files?!: Hi, 2-10-2021. Just today, Windows 10 started to reject all my PNG files. It was working fine 4 hours ago? Now an automated update just took place and I'm no longer able to access my PNG files?!!! What th-? ANY help as to: a WHY would Microsoft choose to have my...
  3. Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files

Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files: Whenever I try to open a .png file I get an error with the file path and the following message: "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" I can open the .png file in paint but not in the photo viewer....
  4. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  5. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  6. How do I open PNG files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I open PNG files in Windows 10: Instructions say: Open LittleWindows PNG - Instructions say Open Control Panel and go to Default Programs > Set Programs. Find Windows Photo Viewer in the list of programs, (can't find it) click it, and choose Set this program as default. This will set the Windows Photo...
  7. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. how to open PNG file?

how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble opening png files