Windows 10: PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

Discus and support PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eduardo R. Manenti, Feb 9, 2019.

1. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party applications, like Spotify), but I managed to fix all of that with a system restore. I reinstalled my Windows, but kept the files. Thumbnails started to show preview pictures on their icons again, and all other app's icons were back.

A few months later (nowadays) I decided to format my laptop, and delete all the files this time. Did it, everything working perfectly but my PNG icons. They're having the same issue like they used to a few months ago. I already tried to reconstruct my iconchace file, checking the "File> Show icon on thumbnails" thing, but nothing works.

I don't know how to fix it, tried alot of things, BUT, I do think there might be a reason. I have a Microsoft Account, of course, and I logged into it on my laptop, so that's my account. When I did, it got some stuff from my laptop before I formatted it (like background picture, coloured theme, etc), but is there any chance that it also got the "issue reason" from my laptop before the reset and now I'm having the same issue? Because if I create another account on my laptop, the issue doesn't happens, it all works perfectly.

I'm not sure how the compatibility on Windows accounts works, but If there's also a way that I can just log off my Microsoft Account from my Windows User without losing any files and stuff, I'd say it might fix it? I don't know.

Hope you guys can help me!

OBS.: The files show the preview picture after you open the photo, but only that photo. Example: if you have the PNG files A**** only file A will show up the thumbnail preview.

PICTURE OF A FILE EXAMPLE (PNG files with preview thumbnails are the files I opened manually 1 by 1)

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail 38fa6d56-1c1c-41e3-b1b7-77c441325225?upload=true.png

:)

Eduardo R. Manenti, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Greg Carmack - MVP, Feb 9, 2019
  3. patslee Win User
    File Thumbnail Previews Don't Show

Hi everyone,

So I'm using a new computer on windows 10 and just realized that none of my tif files are showing thumbnail previews (just the generic paintbrush image). I tried going into Folder Options and the Display File Icon & Always show icons, never thumbnails checkboxes,
    but this doesn't help. What I noticed is that if I open the image in Photoshop, do something like add a blank layer, and save it, then the thumbnail preview is restored for that file. Additionally, if I open PS and use File>Open, then I am able to see thumbnail
    previews just fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks for the help!

patslee, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

1. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail - Similar Threads - PNG Files showing

2. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  3. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  6. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  7. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. .PNG files have blank thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PNG files have blank thumbnails?: I tried clearing the icon cache and tried lots of tutorials. And I don't have any system restore points. 181197
  9. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  10. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winwows explorer preview not showing png

2. windows explorer vorschau jpg

3. preview png files windows 10

4. windows preview not working png,
  5. thumbnail add ons png,
  6. windows explorer png preview,
  7. png files not previewing in folder window,
  8. windows 10 not displaying png preview,
  9. windows 10 preview png,
  10. image thumbnails not working png,
  11. thumbnail png,