Windows 10: PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

Discus and support PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zore, Dec 9, 2017.

1. zore Win User

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

Hi all,

Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon overlaying the thumbnail of video files.
    This happened after I just tried to change the default icon of VLC player, but now, all the Thumbnails are messed up.

What I have done so far:

1. cleared the thumbnail cache.
    2. deleting the icon cache file.
    3. uninstalling and then installing VLC again (deleting all user files and configurations)
    4. Checking the default icon with File Type Manager. (all video files are using the VLC icon).
    5. Searching for the Regedit value... and of course it's the same as File Type Manager.
    6. Checked the thumbnails files to be sure that this trouble is caused by an icon overlap and not a bad rendering (in the thumbnails files every single video have it's thumbnail perfect, but in Windows Explorer they have that black icon over them).

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail [​IMG]

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail [​IMG]

So. Honestly, don't know what to do... any ideas? *Sad

:)

zore, Dec 9, 2017

2. N95 8GB - Video Center

The problem I've seen is that Video Center in V15 software can't handle large video files, it fails to create the thumbnail and it closes.

You can add a thumbnail for each video in Video Center to get around this.

To add a thumbnail just put a JPEG, PNG or GIF file named exactly as the video file in the same folder.

el_loco---01, Dec 9, 2017
  3. N95 8GB Video Centre Shutting Down

The workaround is to load a JPG PNG or GIF picture icon (small file 90 KB), named EXACTLY the same as the videos in the
    My Videos folder where the videos are stored (or where ever the videos from video center are stored)

See here:

El_Loco Video Center fix

el_loco---01, Dec 9, 2017
Thema:

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

1. PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail - Similar Threads - PNG Icon overlays

2. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  3. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  4. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  5. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  6. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  7. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  8. .PNG files have blank thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PNG files have blank thumbnails?: I tried clearing the icon cache and tried lots of tutorials. And I don't have any system restore points. 181197
  9. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...
  10. Icons for PNG files shown in Windows Explorer rather than thumbnails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Icons for PNG files shown in Windows Explorer rather than thumbnails: Hello All, After uninstalling software which allows the user to view 3D files (as well as most image/movie files), I could not get thumbnails to show in Windows Explorer for PNG and MP4 file types. I figured that since I was going to upgrade to Windows 10, I would allow...