Windows 10: Png icons are black in Microsoft 10

Discus and support Png icons are black in Microsoft 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been troubleshooting this problem I'm having with my png thumbnail photos either being totally black or showing the default picture of a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LisaNapoleon-Culpepper, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Png icons are black in Microsoft 10

I have been troubleshooting this problem I'm having with my png thumbnail photos either being totally black or showing the default picture of a blue mountain. I'm not sure what else to do. I have changed the folder and search options; I've changed the sizes; I've changed the settings; basically, I've tried every suggestion I've read, just about. Some, I just didn't understand. What can I do to solve this problem? It's driving me crazy. I have a lot of saved photos and I need to see them before selecting to open the photo. It makes my work so much easier. Need help.

:)

LisaNapoleon-Culpepper, Mar 17, 2020

2. black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadPng icons are black in Microsoft 10 :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Png icons are black in Microsoft 10

Marivel Man, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Png icons are black in Microsoft 10

1. Png icons are black in Microsoft 10 - Similar Threads - Png icons are

2. Microsoft store black icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store black icon: Hello!I want to update my microsoft store and my microsoft store apps, but it's like stuck at acquiring license and i dont know what to do. I tried "wreset.exe", "WSRESET - I" and another ways from microsoft support threads related to this situation, but not working. Can...
  3. Microsoft store black icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store black icon: Hello!I want to update my microsoft store and my microsoft store apps, but it's like stuck at acquiring license and i dont know what to do. I tried "wreset.exe", "WSRESET - I" and another ways from microsoft support threads related to this situation, but not working. Can...
  4. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image: Hallo,I noticed that some of Microsoft corporation icons Calculator, Groove, Calendar ....etc has been changed to png image without knowing the reason.I would be grateful if anyone would help me to solveout this iusse RegardsNorman...
  5. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image: Hallo,I noticed that some of Microsoft corporation icons Calculator, Groove, Calendar ....etc has been changed to png image without knowing the reason.I would be grateful if anyone would help me to solveout this iusse RegardsNorman...
  6. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Transparency PNG file turns black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transparency PNG file turns black: Every piece of artwork I have and use game design has a transparent background saved as a PNG file. New computer Acer, Windows 10,all drivers are updated, eliminated cache, changed file name, moved file location, and all ten other ideas I've read online. None of them work....
  8. PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White: I'm a digital artist and work with images on a daily basis. An issue I'm having is that whenever I save a PNG picture, the thumbnail / icon would have the picture and a solid black backgroud. This makes it hard to see the picture especially since 99% are mainly black lines...
  9. png images are black with black background

png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...
  10. create a .DLL for the black & gold icon packs and mass convert PNG's

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a .DLL for the black & gold icon packs and mass convert PNG's: Good Day All i'm trying to create an icon .DLL from the Black and Gold icon packs from icebabee just curious on how to do that and also convert the PNG files to ICO all help is greatly appreciated. thank you for the black and gold theme as well i believe it came...