Windows 10: png images are black with black background

Discus and support png images are black with black background in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Heather Gutierrez1, Dec 2, 2018.

1. png images are black with black background

I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black.

This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open this png file and double click on it, then select Open with photos, I can’t see anything. Everything is black.

:)

Heather Gutierrez1, Dec 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 Black Background?

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps on how to troubleshoot black screen problems. Check on the links provided below:

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Using Paint to Write Yellon on a Black Background

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open Paint.

• Under Home Tab, Click on Fill with color.

• Select the black color, and now click on blank page below.

• Now the background will be in black color.

• Select Brushes under Home tab and select yellow color.

• Then you will be able to write word and Figures in yellow color.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

png images are black with black background

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

png images are black with black background

1. png images are black with black background - Similar Threads - png images are

2. Black background on png vector thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black background on png vector thumbnails: Hey all, as I've delved into the world of vectors and image editing, I've been running into the problem of vectorized images/images with transparent backgrounds showing as black in Windows File Explorer thumbnails. This makes it tedious when I'm searching through folders of...
  3. Black background on png vector thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black background on png vector thumbnails: Hey all, as I've delved into the world of vectors and image editing, I've been running into the problem of vectorized images/images with transparent backgrounds showing as black in Windows File Explorer thumbnails. This makes it tedious when I'm searching through folders of...
  4. Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background: I bought a new laptop and I installed Windows. The problem is that the icons of image files that have transparency look like they had a black background. In my old laptop, which had Windows preinstalled , this didn't happen; icons had transparency. What can I do to solve...
  5. Black background

Black background: I switched on this morning and the desktop background had gone black, went to personalisation, etc, etc. , changed the colour back to blue - but can't see for the life of me how to apply this or avoid having to do it again. No apply button, enter button, save button, so as...
  6. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  7. PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White: I'm a digital artist and work with images on a daily basis. An issue I'm having is that whenever I save a PNG picture, the thumbnail / icon would have the picture and a solid black backgroud. This makes it hard to see the picture especially since 99% are mainly black lines...
  8. Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...

Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...: When viewing some transparency images (png,gif) the black background of Win10 Photo App, can obscure black text and black shapes. The png file icon on file explorer and .eps files are black. If I choose a png file that has black font or graphic with transparency and if I...
  9. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  10. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382