Windows 10: PNG thumbnails are blank

Discus and support PNG thumbnails are blank in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YekulTen, May 10, 2022.

1. YekulTen Win User

PNG thumbnails are blank

A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are fine and can be opened normally, and the apps also operate as expected.I made sure that the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option in explorer was unchecked, the option “Display file icons on thumbnails” was checked, I removed the thumbnail cache, and restarted the computer a few times but my PNG thumbnails are st

:)

YekulTen, May 10, 2022
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 10, 2022
  3. Default program on thumbnail suddeny Blank?

I don't know what happened but the little picture in the bottom right that as always showing the photoshop thing is blank?*Shock It opens correct in Photoshop so there seems nothing wrong with the assignment of the default file association i suspect? I want that blanco thing gone and my Photoshop's icon back*Mad!!! Any suggestions??

PNG thumbnails are blank [​IMG]

mastermind8888, May 10, 2022
  4. PNG thumbnails are blank

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2022
Thema:

PNG thumbnails are blank

1. PNG thumbnails are blank - Similar Threads - PNG thumbnails are

2. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  3. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  4. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  5. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  6. PNG thumbnails are white

7. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  8. Png Thumbnails not previewing

Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  9. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. .PNG files have blank thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PNG files have blank thumbnails?: I tried clearing the icon cache and tried lots of tutorials. And I don't have any system restore points. 181197