Windows 10: pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

Discus and support pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a 5-year-old-ish Dell Inspiron 15 7458. After having some persistent Bluetooth issues, I looked to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShogoMiyakita, Nov 27, 2020.

1. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a 5-year-old-ish Dell Inspiron 15 7458. After having some persistent Bluetooth issues, I looked to see if there were any system updates that were pending, and found that there were a couple of optional ones waiting in the wings. Figuring that might fix my Bluetooth issue, I set them downloading, only for my laptop to crash after a few minutes and to receive a BSOD with the above stop code. After Windows collected the information it needed, it would then take its sweet time restarting, or just not bother at all and hang on that screen indefinitely until I put it out of its misery. Every time I booted up my laptop, I get no further than the Dell logo before being served the same BSOD.

Since then, I've tried every trick available in the recovery environment that I felt comfortable with: I used every system restore tool, tried rolling back the updates, and tried resetting Windows. All of these have failed. Resetting Windows while preserving my files didn't take, so I tried again telling Windows it could clean everything out. After about a day of removing everything, Windows at last started to install. It got to about 9% and, as part of its process, had to restart and ...

pnp_detected_fatal_error

My laptop is now stuck in a perpetual boot loop, and while Windows collects its data and restarts much quicker now, I'm now left unable to even get back into the recovery environment.

I'm aware of people having problems since April/May this year with KB4541335, which was an optional update and may have been the update I started, but I can't be sure, and there have been plenty of articles suggesting fixes, but has anyone encountered this problem this severely? And if so, does anyone have any more potential fixes that I can try before shipping the thing off to laptop heaven?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ShogoMiyakita, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 27, 2020
  3. lgw12 Win User
    Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe

My computer keeps blue screening because of a PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

minidumps are available
    here

lgw12, Nov 27, 2020
  4. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

BSOD pnp_detected_fatal_error

(minidmp, msinfo, speccy)

I'm having some trouble resolving this one on my own. I got the pnp_detected_fatal_error stop error while trying to resolve a USB HDD drive issue. The devices would appear and disappear repeatedly until the stop error occurred.

Any help would we greatly appreciated. TIA

Alena Neumann, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

1. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup - Similar Threads - pnp_detected_fatal_error startup

2. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  3. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  4. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug: Dear Community,When I send my Dell 5480 to sleep in battery mode, I reliably get a BSOD with an identical error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The error does not occur when on power plug.The system is freshly set up 1 week old. New elements are: 32GB RAM instead of 8, NVMe...
  5. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug: Dear Community,When I send my Dell 5480 to sleep in battery mode, I reliably get a BSOD with an identical error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The error does not occur when on power plug.The system is freshly set up 1 week old. New elements are: 32GB RAM instead of 8, NVMe...
  6. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. On Shutdown of my laptop getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On Shutdown of my laptop getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR: Hi,Recently I did fresh installation of my laptop and now frequently on shutdown of device I am getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR with blue screen.In the event viewer getting below message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ca...
  8. bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error

bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error: struggling with this one. cant seem to cause it to blue screen but as soon as it goes back to user its happening regularly details as below Fault bucket 0xCA_5_IMAGE_ntkrnlmp.exe, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id:...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error

Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error: After a clean install of Windows 10, the system throws PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error on manually entering sleep. sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations. Drivers are all up to date. How can I find out which device is throwing the error and fix it?Thanks,- Steve....
  10. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...: It has been a whirlwind of trying to recover my laptop, and I'm not fully sure where to go from here, so I'm finally reaching out to Support to see if there is an answer. 5 days ago, my laptop suffered a BSOD with the error of "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR." I did not...