Windows 10: pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

Discus and support pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a 5-year-old-ish Dell Inspiron 15 7458. After having some persistent Bluetooth issues, I looked to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShogoMiyakita, Nov 27, 2020.

1. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a 5-year-old-ish Dell Inspiron 15 7458. After having some persistent Bluetooth issues, I looked to see if there were any system updates that were pending, and found that there were a couple of optional ones waiting in the wings. Figuring that might fix my Bluetooth issue, I set them downloading, only for my laptop to crash after a few minutes and to receive a BSOD with the above stop code. After Windows collected the information it needed, it would then take its sweet time restarting, or just not bother at all and hang on that screen indefinitely until I put it out of its misery. Every time I booted up my laptop, I get no further than the Dell logo before being served the same BSOD.

Since then, I've tried every trick available in the recovery environment that I felt comfortable with: I used every system restore tool, tried rolling back the updates, and tried resetting Windows. All of these have failed. Resetting Windows while preserving my files didn't take, so I tried again telling Windows it could clean everything out. After about a day of removing everything, Windows at last started to install. It got to about 9% and, as part of its process, had to restart and ...

pnp_detected_fatal_error

My laptop is now stuck in a perpetual boot loop, and while Windows collects its data and restarts much quicker now, I'm now left unable to even get back into the recovery environment.

I'm aware of people having problems since April/May this year with KB4541335, which was an optional update and may have been the update I started, but I can't be sure, and there have been plenty of articles suggesting fixes, but has anyone encountered this problem this severely? And if so, does anyone have any more potential fixes that I can try before shipping the thing off to laptop heaven?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ShogoMiyakita, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 27, 2020
  3. lgw12 Win User
    Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe

My computer keeps blue screening because of a PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

minidumps are available
    here

lgw12, Nov 27, 2020
  4. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

BSOD pnp_detected_fatal_error

(minidmp, msinfo, speccy)

I'm having some trouble resolving this one on my own. I got the pnp_detected_fatal_error stop error while trying to resolve a USB HDD drive issue. The devices would appear and disappear repeatedly until the stop error occurred.

Any help would we greatly appreciated. TIA

Alena Neumann, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup

1. pnp_detected_fatal_error on startup - Similar Threads - pnp_detected_fatal_error startup

2. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  3. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...: It has been a whirlwind of trying to recover my laptop, and I'm not fully sure where to go from here, so I'm finally reaching out to Support to see if there is an answer. 5 days ago, my laptop suffered a BSOD with the error of "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR." I did not...
  4. How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to resolve PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error stop code: I’ve an HP laptop running on 64-bit Windows 10 Home single language os. It suddenly started misbehaving few days back. Windows is not launching at all. It keeps on restarting automatically until it flashes blue screen error PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR and enters windows...
  5. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10: Hi Team, My windows 10 system just crashed randomly to blue screen with this error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The windows updates was in automatically download mode so there might be some drivers that might have got updated. Can you please help. Tried the following...
  6. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart? partmgr.sys (partmgr.

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart? partmgr.sys (partmgr.: Hey all! I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this particular error that has me stumped. I feel that perhaps it's a driver update or a windows update, but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause of this error. It's frustrating to say the least. I do have a computing...
  7. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR: Alright so, i just jumped onto my pc today and saw a few cumulative updates were pending under settings. My pc has always been a mess. But my issue today was as it was applying the updates it said it failed to apply the updates and restarted. I waited a few seconds to show it...
  8. pnp_detected_fatal_error after installing the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pnp_detected_fatal_error after installing the latest update: After installing the latest update I'm receiving a blue screen with the error "pnp_detected_fatal_error. I've tried to start with secure mode and it didn't work. Also I tried to uninstall the latest version through the troubleshoot menu and it says it can't because a problem...
  9. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 - Has happened regularly since I got...

BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe Windows 10 - Has happened regularly since I got...: Hello, Am hoping somebody can help me address this as I've run out of options in all my search engines. A friend got me this Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Laptop a couple years ago new and I was happy to have a new laptop, but the entire time I've had it, it intermittently gives...
  10. Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe: My computer keeps blue screening because of a PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR minidumps are available here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-frequent-bsod-pnpdetectedfatalerror/0a92df6a-6c09-4ee4-b5d7-f4cd1ddb8f89