Windows 10: PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

Discus and support PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team, My windows 10 system just crashed randomly to blue screen with this error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The windows updates was in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hiteshkochhar, Apr 8, 2021.

1. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

Hi Team,

My windows 10 system just crashed randomly to blue screen with this error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The windows updates was in automatically download mode so there might be some drivers that might have got updated. Can you please help.

Tried the following approaches -
    1 Startup Repair didn't work
    2 System Restore wont work as there is no restore point
    3 Login in with Safe mode and uninstalling latest software didn't work either
    4 Login in with Safe mode and under device manager for all the devices I don't see any Rollback option enabled so this option is also ruled out.

:)

hiteshkochhar, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Xruptor Win User
    PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart? partmgr.sys (partmgr.

Hey all! I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this particular error that has me stumped. I feel that perhaps it's a driver update or a windows update, but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause of this error. It's frustrating to say the least. I do have a computing background and normally I can fix majority of the issues. However, I've spend countless hours researching this problem and it seems to be extremely difficult to pinpoint.

I would say this started about a week ago. Perhaps after the 2004 update or 20H2 update? I don't exactly know. The issue seems to happen regardless of what USB devices I have installed. I've tried the following.

Windows 10, 64-bit

1. Use a different USB mouse.
    2. Uninstall and Reinstall all mouse drivers and software.
    3. Use a different keyboard.
    4. Uninstall and Reinstall all keyboard drivers and software.
    5. Use only the keyboard without the mouse.
    6. Use only the mouse without the keyboard.
    7. Update all USB Chipset drivers.

Nothing above worked. I still get the PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on shutdown or restart. I only have a mouse and keyboard on my PC via the USB ports. I did notice some oddities which are the following.

• If I disconnect the mouse and reattach it, I won't get a BSOD when I shutdown or restart that time. However, any future shutdown or restarts will cause a BSOD. The same applies to the keyboard. This also applies to several different keyboards and mice. It's not one specific one.

The really odd part is I recall an instance when I was playing a game and in the middle of the game the mouse disconnected and then reconnected. I thought nothing of it and figured it was just windows updating in the background or something. I can't say the issue has occurred since then, but it seems quite a coincidence.

Any help you guys could give would be great!!!.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==================================================
    Dump File : 010821-13765-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 1/8/2021 4:49:13 PM
    Bug Check String : PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000ca
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffcd8d`71588530
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : partmgr.sys
    Caused By Address : partmgr.sys+22d1e
    File Description : Partition driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010821-13765-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 19041
    Dump File Size : 1,267,852
    Dump File Time : 1/8/2021 7:46:25 PM

Dump File : 010821-14046-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 1/8/2021 11:47:27 PM
    Bug Check String : PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000ca
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffa78d`3e7df0a0
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : partmgr.sys
    Caused By Address : partmgr.sys+22d1e
    File Description : Partition driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010821-14046-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 19041
    Dump File Size : 1,088,724
    Dump File Time : 1/8/2021 11:51:33 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speccy Snapshot

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1...Ip4mJFNbgq2Iyy

• I did the MemTest86 and did about 3 passes and nothing came up. No errors whatsoever on the memory.

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10 [​IMG]

Xruptor, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

1. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10 - Similar Threads - PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

2. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  3. BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR one after the other: Hi! I'm using Acer Nitro 5 AN515- 57 laptop running on i5-1100H with RTX 3050. It came with Win10 and I upgraded to Win11, 10 months ago. I've been getting BSOD for a couple of months now with the following stop codes: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR....
  4. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug: Dear Community,When I send my Dell 5480 to sleep in battery mode, I reliably get a BSOD with an identical error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The error does not occur when on power plug.The system is freshly set up 1 week old. New elements are: 32GB RAM instead of 8, NVMe...
  5. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug: Dear Community,When I send my Dell 5480 to sleep in battery mode, I reliably get a BSOD with an identical error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The error does not occur when on power plug.The system is freshly set up 1 week old. New elements are: 32GB RAM instead of 8, NVMe...
  6. BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR on hibernate Battery Power only, no problems on power plug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. On Shutdown of my laptop getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On Shutdown of my laptop getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR: Hi,Recently I did fresh installation of my laptop and now frequently on shutdown of device I am getting PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR with blue screen.In the event viewer getting below message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ca...
  8. bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error

bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error: struggling with this one. cant seem to cause it to blue screen but as soon as it goes back to user its happening regularly details as below Fault bucket 0xCA_5_IMAGE_ntkrnlmp.exe, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id:...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error

Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error: After a clean install of Windows 10, the system throws PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error on manually entering sleep. sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations. Drivers are all up to date. How can I find out which device is throwing the error and fix it?Thanks,- Steve....
  10. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...: It has been a whirlwind of trying to recover my laptop, and I'm not fully sure where to go from here, so I'm finally reaching out to Support to see if there is an answer. 5 days ago, my laptop suffered a BSOD with the error of "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR." I did not...