Windows 10: PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

Discus and support PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A customer that I support recently bought a new Dell Laptop, Latitude, with Win 10/64 1803 currently installed. All drivers per Dell's Support sight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MATT AT UGA, Jun 6, 2019.

1. PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

A customer that I support recently bought a new Dell Laptop, Latitude, with Win 10/64 1803 currently installed. All drivers per Dell's Support sight and Windows are the most current.

This computer will not mount any drive from PNY whether 2.0 or 3.0 BUT will mount any other brand thumb drive 2.0 or 3.0 that I could locate and try. I tried 4 different PNY USB 2.0 & 3.0 drives and none would mount when plugged directly into the laptop. I updated Bios, chipset, drivers, any and all USB related drivers but nothing resolved the issue. Reformatted both a 2.0 and 3.0 PNY NTFS and FAT32, this did not resolve the problem.

Beyond the interesting fact that any other brand USB thumb drive I could find (Corsair and Sandisk) would mount. What's more interesting is that the PNY drives would mount on the laptop if it was connected to a dock and the thumb drive plugged into the dock NOT the laptop. ???

Is Microsoft and/or Dell fighting with PNY??

Any suggestions to attempt to resolve? Anything I missed trying?

:)

MATT AT UGA, Jun 6, 2019

2. PNY Debuts the Wave 3.0 USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies has announced the launch of the Wave 3.0 USB flash drive, a must-have for users who want to store or share their photos, music, videos and documents while on the move.

Store and transfer images, music, documents and more up to 5x faster
    Stylishly engineered with a sleek, retractable design, the PNY Wave 3.0 USB flash drive boasts super-fast read speeds of up to 80 MB/s and write speeds of up to 20 MB/s - that's 5 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, it's ready to plug and play with your existing gear.

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will PNY_Wave_Attache_3.0_01_thm.jpg

The PNY Wave 3.0 with protective sliding cover is the perfect solution for safely storing, transferring, and sharing your valuable files, photos, videos, and more.

Benefits:
    • USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    • Read Speed: up to 80 MB/s
    • Write speed: up to 20 MB/s
    • Capless design
    • 5x faster than USB 2.0
    • Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    Availability and pricing:
    PNY Wave 3.0 is available now from all registered PNY retailers in the UK at the following recommended retail prices:
    • 16 GB - £19.99
    • 32 GB - £29.99
    • 64 GB - £59.99

Cristian_25H, Jun 6, 2019
  3. PNY Launches LEGO USB Flash Drives in Partnership With the LEGO Group

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced a new brand licensing partnership with LEGO Group to produce LEGO branded USB Flash Drives. This new line of USB Flash Drives will launch in multiple colors in both 8 GB and 16 GB options.

PNY's new branded LEGO USB Flash Drive was designed to appeal to LEGO toy enthusiasts of all ages. Designed in the shape of a traditional LEGO brick, this USB Flash Drive holds up to 16 GB of data to easily store, share, and transport media and files. Available in red, blue, and yellow options, the LEGO USB has a capless, sliding design and an included key fob for easy attachment to any key chain. Each USB Flash Drive also comes with an additional LEGO brick in either blue or red for building fun. Both the LEGO USB and the additional LEGO brick are compatible with all LEGO brick elements/pieces, so users can combine and make their own creation.

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will PNY_LEGO_Flash_Drive_01_thm.jpg

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will PNY_LEGO_Flash_Drive_02_thm.jpg

Specifications:
    • Interface: USB 2.0
    • Storage Capacities: 8 GB, 16 GB
    • Weight: 0.02 LB
    • Product Dimensions: 30 mm x 15 mm x 10 mm
    • Warranty: One-year warranty
    "LEGO is an iconic brand that reaches those of all ages and transcends borders all across the globe," said Myra Hines, senior product manager at PNY. "Our partnership with the LEGO Group allows us to offer not only our millions of consumers another unique USB Flash Drive, but LEGO fans worldwide can now also add something new to their collection. Featuring the traditional LEGO brick shape, this USB Flash Drive is a perfect combination of function and fun."

"We are pleased to see the LEGO USB stick being launched by our partner PNY. PNY has proven already during the product development phase to be strong partner ensuring that this iconic LEGO USB flash drive is offering a great LEGO experience for our fans," says Andrea Ryder, Head of Licensing The LEGO Group.

PNY offers a one-year warranty on the LEGO USB Flash Drive. LEGO USB Flash Drives are available now for purchase at select e-tailers, retailers, PNY.com, and through authorized PNY distribution partners.

Cristian_25H, Jun 6, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

PNY Launches Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced the launch of the Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive, available in both 16GB and 32GB capacities. The micro-sized, capless swing design of the Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive holds both a micro-USB connector and a USB connector that allows users to easily transfer media and files to and from an Android device and PC.

The On-The-Go USB Flash Drive connects to an Android mobile device and PC or laptop. The Micro-USB connector easily plugs into any Android device while the USB connector plugs directly into any available USB port. The built-in Micro-USB connector allows you to quickly transfer or store music, photos, movies, videos, files and more. Users can also play music or videos directly from the PNY Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive. The Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drive was designed to free up space on an Android phone and/or save files from a PC or laptop onto the phone. The capless, all-in-one design is small enough to connect to an Android device for portable, OTG usage.

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will 71a_thm.jpg

Specifications
    • Interface: USB 2.0
    • Storage Capacities: 16GB & 32GB
    • Weight: 0.02LB
    • Product Dimensions: 30mm x 10mm x 5mm
    • Warranty: One-year warranty
    PNY offers a one-year warranty on all USB Flash Drives, including the Duo-Link OTG. PNY Duo-Link OTG USB Flash Drives are available now for purchase at select e-tailers, retailers, PNY.com, and through authorized PNY distribution partners.

btarunr, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

1. PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will - Similar Threads - PNY USB Drive

2. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  3. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  4. USB Flash Drives not mounting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drives not mounting.: USB Flash Drives are being assigned drive letters but not mounting and can't be seen in Windows File Explorer. Here is log for the drive.Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 8/10/2021 11:33:56 AM Event ID: 442 Task...
  5. Indexing options unable to add drives mounted on other drives

in Cortana
    Indexing options unable to add drives mounted on other drives: I mount a read-only nas inside of E:\ to keep media separated from my software. After I decided to make my searchui.exe feel more comfortable with my installation I noticed I couldn't add these devices to the indexed locations, but if I indexed a subfolder I could search it...
  6. External USB drive wont mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB drive wont mount: Windows 10 Version 1909 OS18363.720 My 16tb glyph drive is formated for Exfat and all partitions mount on Mac laptop BUT on my windows 10 PC I only see 2 partitions of 16 and I am not able to ifx in disk manager or by scanning the disks. I read that this Windows Version...
  7. How does the Mounted Devices Key relate USB drives to other keys

How does the Mounted Devices Key relate USB drives to other keys: I have quite a few USB drives, more than 26. I am planning on re-installing Windows 10 on 5 PCs, and want to make up a .reg file to set drive letters and write-cache state on all drives. I have been snooping around the registry and have noticed that the mounted devices key no...
  8. USB drive won't safely remove but other drives do.

USB drive won't safely remove but other drives do.: Very frustrating. My portable hard drive won't safely remove but other thumb drives do remove safely. Tried all sorts of tips, non work so far. The drives that can't be removed show up and can be used but the activity light on the drive just constantly pulsates in a rhythm,...
  9. USB drive won't safely remove but other drives do.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB drive won't safely remove but other drives do.: Very frustrating. My portable hard drive won't safely remove but other thumb drives do remove safely. Tried all sorts of tips, non work so far. The drives that can't be removed show up and can be used but the activity light on the drive just constantly pulsates in a rhythm,...
  10. Unable to reformat PNY 32 Gb USB

Unable to reformat PNY 32 Gb USB: When trying to reformat PNY 32Gb USB I get the notification that the drive is write-protected. Things I've tried: -Checked for a physical switch on the USB (none found) -Cleared readonly status in diskpart (current read-only state still set to Yes) -Updated...