Windows 10: Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled?

Discus and support Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've just bought a 'new' ("opened but unused") Windows 10 generic pc dongle from ebay. When I connect to my monitor, it boots but I think the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjhu, Aug 24, 2019.

1. sjhu Win User

Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled?

Hi,
    I've just bought a 'new' ("opened but unused") Windows 10 generic pc dongle from ebay. When I connect to my monitor, it boots but I think the USB ports are disabled because of the logo in the bottom right of the screen. I've tried wireless USB and wired USB keyboard & mice. How can I get into it to either hard reset or enable the USB ports?
    Thanks
    Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled? [​IMG]

:)

2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Burgi Win User
    Unknown USB Device - Bluetooth Dongle

I have a generic bluetooth dongle that I got several years ago. I tried to use it today on my Windows 10 PC and I got an error saying it wasn't able to install the drivers.

The device manager says it cannot find the device descriptor.

Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled? Au7yP.png

I've tried different USB ports (USB 2 and USB 3) with the same result. I ran SFC which returned no issues. I have also updated the drivers for my motherboard with the same result when I plug the dongle in. On a whim I even tried it in another Windows 10 PC where it worked immediately.

So to summarize:

• Worked in previous versions of Windows (XP and 7)
    • Works on other Windows 10 PCs
    • Works in Ubuntu and OSX
    • Totally generic, no manufacturer or model number on the casing

This question appears similar but provides no actual solution. I am completely baffled, any suggestions?

EDIT

To throw another spanner in the works, I just plugged it into the USB port the side of my screen and it worked immediately. I would still like to know the reasons why it still won't work in the original ports.

Burgi, Aug 24, 2019
  4. rimugu Win User

Connecting my cel disables USB ports

I have an HP 6730b laptop and use a cable CA-101 to connect my Nokia 5220.

When I first boot, they connect just fine, and everything works. But as soon as I disconect it, all USB ports in my laptop became disabled, no message in device manager, no error message at all. They just stop working. I cannot connect the phone anymor,
    usb drive or usb security dongle. (USB keyboard and mouse keep working if I don't disconect them, but I disconect them, they stop working no matter what port I plug them back in). After the USB ports become disabled the only option is to reboot.

I user PC Suite 7.1.30.9

rimugu, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled? - Similar Threads - Pocket Dongle USB

2. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  3. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  4. KB5015807 disabled two usb ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5015807 disabled two usb ports: After pushing off 2022-06 because it broke ICS. I finally updated to 2022-07 because it fixes the ICS issue and now two of my usb ports that I had my keyboard and mouse connected to do not work. What is going on over there? This is getting insane! Will the next update just...
  5. Random Key Disabled USB Ports.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Key Disabled USB Ports.: So My KeyboardBuilt-In laptop came out, So when I was pushing it in, I pressed a lot of keys. I exactly don't know what the key was, but then my all USB Ports got disabled, and yeah, restarting it does enables it, but I really want to know what's those key commands....
  6. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  7. Pocket PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pocket PC: I am having trouble re-installing software on my Pocket PC 2003 device. I do have a Windows XP computer available, but it will not let me install the software I need. Is there a workaround on a Windows 10 computer?...
  8. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  9. Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled?

Pocket PC Dongle with USB ports disabled?: Hi, I've just bought a 'new' ("opened but unused") Windows 10 generic pc dongle from ebay. When I connect to my monitor, it boots but I think the USB ports are disabled because of the logo in the bottom right of the screen. I've tried wireless USB and wired USB keyboard &...
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...