Windows 10: PocketMags App

Discus and support PocketMags App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my PocketMags App asks me for a Windows Live login on start-up? This won't go away I have not had a Windows Live log in for years, and the App then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnKearton, Oct 21, 2020.

1. PocketMags App

Hi, my PocketMags App asks me for a Windows Live login on start-up? This won't go away I have not had a Windows Live log in for years, and the App then freezes and won't shut down. I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. PocketMags have been no help at all and claim their system works OK. The App very occasionally works if I start it as soon as the computer has booted, and also worked Ok after the last Windows update a few days ago, but only until I shut down and now it is asking for Windows Live log in again.

Any suggestions?

:)

JohnKearton, Oct 21, 2020

2. Pocketmags App

Don -

It shows in Steps 4 and 5 in this tutorial I first gave you how to access and read your Pocketmag purchases:

How digital magazines work on Windows apps

Microsoft only sells the app and a free bonus magazine, not the magazines themselves which are purchased from Pocketmags and in the app.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Pocketmags App

Don, most of those purchases are stored in MS Store Hub (three dots at top right of Store app) > My Library. Go there and see if there is a button similar to Install that will load them into your App. If not let me know.

But when I search the MS Store for Steam Railways pocketmag it doesn't show up. Is it possible you bought it from Pocketmag and not MS since you said you see it in your Pocketmag account? If so then it shows in Step 4 of the tutorial from Pocketmag I provided
    you in my first post how to locate your Pocketmag library in the app.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 21, 2020
  4. PocketMags App

Pocketmags App

I have purchased a yearly subscription through your Pocketmags App for Steam Railway. Can you advise how I read the magazine as it does not appear on the PocketMags website when I log into it.

DonaldMiles, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

PocketMags App

1. PocketMags App - Similar Threads - PocketMags App

2. Desktop and apps not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and apps not responding to mouse: I've had this problem happen a few times now when I'm doing work or any other activity. My apps stop responding to my mouse: discord cannot be interacted with nor my desktop shortcuts nor even windows taskbar. I can use the keyboard shortcuts to open task manager and there I...
  3. Desktop and apps not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and apps not responding to mouse: I've had this problem happen a few times now when I'm doing work or any other activity. My apps stop responding to my mouse: discord cannot be interacted with nor my desktop shortcuts nor even windows taskbar. I can use the keyboard shortcuts to open task manager and there I...
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  5. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  6. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  8. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

"Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  9. Windows Live Log in with Pocketmags

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Live Log in with Pocketmags: I have Pocketmags on my laptop running Windows 10. Up until a few weeks ago, there was no problem. Recently, after a Windows update I think, I cannot access Pocketmags from the app as it tells me to sign in to Windows Live Login - it is needed for the app. I understand this...
  10. Pocketmags App

Pocketmags App: I have purchased a yearly subscription through your Pocketmags App for Steam Railway. Can you advise how I read the magazine as it does not appear on the PocketMags website when I log into it....