Windows 10: Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10)

Discus and support Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.523) ; external soundcard Creative SBX I downloaded and installed the Grover Podcast app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnDefoe, Jan 24, 2019.

1. JohnDefoe Win User

Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10)

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.523) ; external soundcard Creative SBX

I downloaded and installed the Grover Podcast app yesterday, and then discovered that no sounds were available through the external soundcard from other apps or programs, including system sounds. I did not admittedly try a podcast but when I uninstalled the podcast app all sounds immediately came back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

:)

JohnDefoe, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.523) ; external soundcard Creative SBX

I downloaded and installed the Grover Podcast app yesterday, and then discovered that no sounds were available through the external soundcard from other apps or programs, including system sounds. I did not admittedly
    try a podcast but when I uninstalled the podcast app all sounds immediately came back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

A. User, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it is when apps don’t work in the way they should. Let us try few troubleshooting methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Check the playback devices.

Install the application, check if you are able to play the audio through podcast, as well as through other applications. If not, check if the speaker and headphones are enabled under the playback devices. To do that, you may follow the steps below:

1. Right click on the sound icon on the taskbar.

2. Click on the Sounds option.

3. Now click on the Playback tab.

4. Check if the Speakers/ Headphones are enabled. (Right click on
    Speakers/ Headphones and Enable it).

If the issue persists, follow 'Method 2'.

Method 2: Start your PC in safe mode.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic device drivers aren't
    causing the issue. Once you are in safe mode, check if the issue still persists.

You can refer the article to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 10, 2019
  4. JohnDefoe Win User

Hi

I also put this to Creative Labs as it's their soundcard I'm using, and I append their response. However, I don't know how to contact Grover - can you help, please? By the way, I'd already tried your advice, and the only way I could get any sound from the
    external soundcard was to uninstall the app.

Best

John

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td] Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10) 708863ec06f?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png [/td][td]Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)Jan 28, 10:09 +08 Dear John,Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.We are nor aware of any issue with the Grover Podcast as we are not a developer of this software. Please contact a developer of Grover Podcast directly to verify it with them.Since the audio came back to normal after uninstalling the Grover Podcast then the issue is related with this software and not our sound card. Regards,MateuszCreative Labs Pte LtdWorldwide Customer ResponseDISCLAIMERThis email is for the sole use of Creative's intended recipient and is not to be forwarded or copied to others. Any review, copying or distribution of this email or any attachments by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not Creative's intended recipient, please inform Creative immediately by responding to this email and thereafter permanently delete the original and any copies of this email together with any attachments.Thank you.[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td] Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10) 02823494647?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png [/td][td]John DefoeJan 25, 20:27 +08 Customer Enquiry------------------I recently installed the Grover Podcast app on my Windows 10 1803 system, but it completely knocked out all sounds from other apps & software including system sounds. I uninstalled it and all sounds came back immediately. Are you aware of any issues between the Grover Podcast and your external soundcards? By the way I've added the system information as generated by your facility.[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

JohnDefoe, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Podcast app causing problem with all other apps playing sound (Win10) - Similar Threads - Podcast app causing

2. My program in-use freezes, but sound keeps playing and all other apps are completely fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My program in-use freezes, but sound keeps playing and all other apps are completely fine.: So I have this issue with my laptop, where my program anything, even file explorer I'm currently using freezes for 5-30 seconds. The thing is, sound and other programs are completely fine.My specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 5600H + integrated GPUGPU: GeForce RTX 3060RAM: 16GB DDR4Internal...
  3. My program in-use freezes, but sound keeps playing and all other apps are completely fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My program in-use freezes, but sound keeps playing and all other apps are completely fine.: So I have this issue with my laptop, where my program anything, even file explorer I'm currently using freezes for 5-30 seconds. The thing is, sound and other programs are completely fine.My specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 5600H + integrated GPUGPU: GeForce RTX 3060RAM: 16GB DDR4Internal...
  4. Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds: Hi,I find it strange that I have to download a separate third party software in order to hear the sounds played in an app on my phone that I've successfully connected to using Phone Link. Essentially I have a baby monitor app on my android that is only available on...
  5. Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds

Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds: Hi,I find it strange that I have to download a separate third party software in order to hear the sounds played in an app on my phone that I've successfully connected to using Phone Link. Essentially I have a baby monitor app on my android that is only available on...
  6. Random apps not playing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random apps not playing sound: For some reason, some apps will just randomly stop playing sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-apps-not-playing-sound/1eb31277-0ef6-4ace-ac1b-1b2630a64b93
  7. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app

An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app: I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the first app I installed was Google Chrome, and I began experiencing this issue after every restart. I've installed other apps since then, all the latest versions and my default apps keep getting reset to the generic Windows options....
  8. App caused a problem with the default app settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App caused a problem with the default app settings.: After the latest Windows Home update, Windows is giving the message 'An app caused a problem with the default app setting files, so it was reset to Photos. A similar messsage appears for .cr2 files and .NEF files. All of my 'photo' and 'image editing programs are...
  9. w10 update caused problems with all apps

w10 update caused problems with all apps: Two days ago I was happily using this machine (a dell755) which has been running W10 for about 6 months now. Up until then no issues but then there was an automatic update and after that completed I found I have lost all connectivity for my apps!!!. To explain, the PC is...
  10. App updates causing problems for other user accounts

App updates causing problems for other user accounts: Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check in store for updates. Just now voice recorder, calculator and alarms all updated. I opened each one to test them out and all...