Windows 10: Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack

Discus and support Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a podcast microphone HyperX QuadCast S mainly for work meeting calls and gaming on Windows 10. In gaming I have no issues, however when I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OfficerCaptain, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack

I use a podcast microphone HyperX QuadCast S mainly for work meeting calls and gaming on Windows 10.

In gaming I have no issues, however when I have work related calls and have to share my screen either through Google Meets on various browsers or Slack, microphone just crashes, windows device unplugged notification goes off, then few milliseconds later it turns on again, with the same windows sound. As soon as it turns on again, the sound that I receive through the audio jack on the microphone for microphone monitoring is completed distorted and not understandable at all. At that point the only way to fix the distortion is to unplug the microphone from PC and plug it back in.

The microphone will continue to constantly crash and restart in the same manner until I stop sharing my screen.

I have tried everything I can to fix this, using different USB ports, removing and letting windows install new drivers, setting the microphone as default mic, removing realtek audio drivers and letting windows pick the right drivers. Performing a complete windows re-install and testing with absolutely nothing but windows drivers installed. I have even did an RMA of the microphone, the replacement microphone is also experiencing the exact same issues. I tested on a macbook, and none of these issues are happening.

My webcam is Logitech 4K Brio, if I use built in microphone I have none of these issues and everything works as expected.

The microphone uses drivers provided by Microsoft, the problem must lie in there. What should I do? Contact Microsoft?

:)

OfficerCaptain, Jan 24, 2021

2. Google Meet is automatically adjusting my microphone volume in Windows 10. I'd like it to stop.

I use Google Meet for work. There's no getting around this, as my company uses it for every meeting. However, I've had issues where my microphone volume will go silent or peak at 100 seemingly randomly during
    meetings. I went to check my settings in Windows and sure enough the microphone's volume slider was at 0 or 100. Out of curiosity, I left the Microphone Properties window open during a Google Meet meeting and I could see the volume slider move as
    I spoke.

Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack 058e7f2a-fffc-4c01-aeef-d776f5a015b9?upload=true.png

• There is no setting on Google Meet to disable automatic gain.
    • I've unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the Advanced tab in Windows.
    • I've updated my microphone's drivers.
    • I've uninstalled and reinstalled the microphone in the Device Manager.
    • I used my Logitech webcam's microphone to see if I had the same issue there (I did).
    • I used Google Meet in Opera, Firefox, and Edge to see if it was a Google Chrome issue (it isn't; the issue happened on each browser, for both mics).
    • I installed a script using nircmd to set the microphone volume to 50 every second, which is a band-aid fix for the slider moving around, but...

Now I have issues where my microphone volume will drop to a very low volume, and turning the volume slider to 100 doesn't fix it. In fact, nothing resets it except doing a system restore. But a system restore doesn't prevent these issues from happening again.
    I'm guessing adjusting the volume slider at the same time Google Meet adjusts the volume causes an issue, but this is just a guess.

I really need help. I'm stuck using Google Meet, and I'd prefer to continue using this Windows 10 machine as it makes life easier (minus this specific issue). Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Here are some general specs:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    • AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    • 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
    • Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) (AM4)
    • 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI)

Recording Device:

• Microphone (Scarlett Solo USB)
    • Device Name: USB Audio 2.0
    • Vendor: Risq Modular Systems
    • Comment: Scarlett Solo USB
    • Driver: Date 6-20-2019, Version 10.0.18362.207
    • Physical Microphone: Audio Technica AT2035

Dingdingler, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    You can now find and listen to podcast episodes on Google Search

Source: Press play: Find and listen to podcast episodes on Search

Brink, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack

You can now find and listen to podcast episodes on Google Search

Source: Press play: Find and listen to podcast episodes on Search

Brink, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack

1. Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack - Similar Threads - Podcast microphone crashing

2. Audio from Google Meet share tab is being filtered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from Google Meet share tab is being filtered: HelloDuring a meeting through Google Meet, I can't hear audio from the screen share well.My browser is Firefox.They were sharing a tab from YouTube, and it was heard to hear.Later a video with BGM was shared, and the BGM was cut off.I tested with an Apple iPhone and the...
  3. Audio from Google Meet share tab is being filtered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from Google Meet share tab is being filtered: HelloDuring a meeting through Google Meet, I can't hear audio from the screen share well.My browser is Firefox.They were sharing a tab from YouTube, and it was heard to hear.Later a video with BGM was shared, and the BGM was cut off.I tested with an Apple iPhone and the...
  4. Windows Crashes when I open Google Meet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Crashes when I open Google Meet: I have been facing an issue lately where every time I open google meet and try to join a meeting the BLUR SCREEN ERROR pops up saying the windows has crashed and the computer then restarts. It happens every time. Please tell how to resolve this issue...
  5. PC crashes randomly in google meets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC crashes randomly in google meets: I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now. My pc will slowly crash and it has sort of a pattern. I find it most common that it happens in the afternoon during my last class of the day which I use google meets for. It also might be related to discord because at the start of...
  6. google meet mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    google meet mic: my mic doesn't work on google meet it says to check on system settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-meet-mic/c67ef00a-c3a9-4d4c-b410-31dc74be894f
  7. BSOD when screen sharing in Teams/Google Meet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when screen sharing in Teams/Google Meet: Hello I've not been able to use Microsoft Teams or Google Meet for my meetings when I start to screen share. I've tested it out and what I found is that I am not able to connect my Bluetooth headphones to my PC while I screen share. Once I start to screen share with my...
  8. Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are trying to access the microphone in Google Meet, but it is […] This article Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Google introduces new Google Podcasts Manager tool

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces new Google Podcasts Manager tool: Whether taking a quick walk, diving into an ambitious cooking project or driving in the car, people are listening to podcasts in more places. We redesigned Google Podcasts with this in mind, making it easier to discover and listen to podcasts wherever people are listening....
  10. Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc: My microphone is working properly, I have gone through all of the steps recommended by all of the apps and articles online. Multiple times. The microphone will work for 2 or 3 seconds and then stop working in both zoom and google hangouts. I used zoom several times earlier...