Windows 10: POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed

Discus and support POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks especially people who've installed things like outdoor professional security cameras etc which are used 24/7. I need to install a decent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jun 23, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed

Hi folks

especially people who've installed things like outdoor professional security cameras etc which are used 24/7.

I need to install a decent wifi extender (outdoor type) approx 100 metres from my main router -- this will be in an enclosed box and another 100 metres of LAN cable will run to a network switch I have in a shed (where there is power).

For this - I will need a decent POE system -- this supplies electrical power to the outdoor extender along a CAT 5 piece of LAN cable obviating the need for running electrical power --where I live with typical weather you wouldn't want to run a load of electrical AC (220 V) cables through the garden .

The POE would need to be on 24/7 and would be plugged in to a socket in the main house. However most of those I've seen (consumer grade) seem to get quite hot so I wouldn't like to leave them on 24/7 especially if the house was empty for periods.

My question is probably to those who have installed things like outdoor security cameras who will use these types of things certainly 24/7 and therefore use a much better grade of POE -- I don't hear cases of security cameras causing fires so the gear presumably is of decent professional quality. So any suggestions - without going rediculously bonkersly expensive of course. The POE only needs to power 1 device the outdoor extender.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 23, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

TRENDnet Expands PoE+ Switch Portfolio

TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces from Computex Taipei, the launch of three new PoE+ switches. Power over Ethernet (PoE) combines power and data over Ethernet cables. PoE facilitates the installation of devices in remote locations, without having to provide an electrical outlet near the device. PoE's popularity is driven by significant installation time and cost savings.

The PoE standard is based on the IEEE 802.11af specification. It provides up to 15.4 Watts of power per switch port. The new PoE+ standard doubles the power provided by PoE ports. PoE+ is based on the IEEE 802.11at specification which provides up to 30 Watts of power per port. PoE+ is designed to support power hungry devices such as outdoor access points and pan / tilt / zoom IP cameras.

POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed 121a_thm.jpg

TPE-TG44g
    8-Port GREENnet Gigabit PoE+ Switch
    TPE-TG44g features include: four gigabit PoE+ ports; four gigabit (non-PoE) ports; a 16 Gbps switching capacity; a sturdy metal desktop enclosure; and up to 75% GREENnet power savings.
    TPE-TG44g Availability: Will be available from online and retail partners in August. TPE-TG44g MSRP U.S.: $149.99

PE-TG80g
    8-Port GREENnet Gigabit PoE+ Switch
    TPE-TG80g features include: eight gigabit PoE+ ports; a 16 Gbps switching capacity; a sturdy metal desktop enclosure; and up to 75% GREENnet power savings.
    TPE-TG80g Availability: Will be available from online and retail partners in August. TPE-TG80g MSRP U.S.: $ 279.99

TPE-T88g
    16-Port GREENnet 10/100 Mbps PoE+ Switch
    TPE-T88g features include: eight Ethernet PoE+ ports; eight Ethernet (non-PoE) ports; a 3.2 Gbps switching capacity; a sturdy metal rack mountable enclosure; and up to 40% GREENnet power savings.
    TPE-T88g Availability: Will be available from online and retail partners in August. TPE-T88g MSRP U.S.: $ 279.99

btarunr, Jun 23, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Asoka Debuts PLC Adapter with Power over Ethernet

Asoka Corporation, a pioneer in powerline communications (PLC) hardware and services, announced today the PlugLink PoE-200 (PL9660-48A), its first PLC adapter to support the Power over Ethernet (PoE) standard. The PlugLink PoE-200 allows consumers and small businesses to quickly build networks that deliver up to 15.4 Watts of DC power for devices like Voice over IP (VoIP) handsets, IP security cameras and other powered network devices.

The PlugLink PoE-200 opens up home applications for PoE, and simplifies PoE networks for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that currently need to either purchase "wall wart" power adapters and Ethernet cables for each handset, or purchase a PoE switch or hub for network-based powering. In addition to simplifying installations, the PlugLink PoE-200 significantly reduces the cost of installing a VoIP PBX since no new cabling and no external power supplies are required for each handset.

POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed 79a_thm.jpg

With the PlugLink PoE-200, a business owner or consumer can simply plug an adapter into any wall socket and connect the phone or device, turning the power outlet into a PoE network connection.

"PoE is a great idea because it made it easier to deploy and connect non-computer IP devices, and with the PlugLink PoE-200 we're taking that to the next level of simplicity," said Danny Castellano, vice president of marketing for Asoka. "The PlugLink eliminates the added costs and installation time, giving users high-speed data and power that takes just minutes to connect."

The PlugLink PoE-200 provides a 10/100 Ethernet port with PoE for user connectivity and a 200 Mbps PLC backbone connection. The adapter also supports the major Ethernet quality of service (QoS) standards in addition to the HomePlugAV standard which ensures sufficient bandwidth for use in VoIP and HDTV networks. The PlugLink PoE-200 will not interfere with the operation of other devices.

Additionally, the adapter features a secure network encryption key to ensure that data and content are protected while in transit on the PLC network. The adapter features 128-bit AES encryption for secure data transmission across the electrical power line - users simply push the encryption button to "pair" adapters and the encryption is set.

Availability
    The PlugLink PoE-200 is available today with US, UK and European plug types. For more information, please visit .

btarunr, Jun 23, 2019
  4. POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed

Windows 10 (Home) Very Slow Internet Speeds (WiFi + Ethernet)

My netgear unit had a tiny power brick. with a little jack to plug in. For its purpose it was great as I was using it to make printer wireless and had no usb ports.

The adapter needs power and the ethernet adapter on MB NIC does not supply.

Not many people have a POE router or POE switch.

So a patch cord between dongle and NIC for lan signal and a USB plug for power to energize dongle.

Quite an elegant solution if the device has USB ports.

Caledon Ken, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed

1. POE (Power over Ethernet - LAN) decent devices needed - Similar Threads - POE Power Ethernet

2. Windows 11 LAN ethernet "Connecting, action needed' issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 LAN ethernet "Connecting, action needed' issue: Hello AllHoping someone can help. We have started looking in to updating our windows 10 fleet to windows 11 22H2 and have run in to an issue. We are finding that each laptop we have tested updates without an issue but when they are connected to the LAN by network cable,...
  3. Windows 11 LAN ethernet "Connecting, action needed' issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 LAN ethernet "Connecting, action needed' issue: Hello AllHoping someone can help. We have started looking in to updating our windows 10 fleet to windows 11 22H2 and have run in to an issue. We are finding that each laptop we have tested updates without an issue but when they are connected to the LAN by network cable,...
  4. LAN or Ethernet Connector failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN or Ethernet Connector failures: I recently bought a computer and installed windows 10 pro on it. I bought the license and activated it and everything was going perfectly. But one day the internet the computer only works with cable started to fail. I thought it was the coverage of the modem but I brought my...
  5. Ethernet lan not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  6. File sharing over LAN

File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  7. Ethernet LAN network

Ethernet LAN network: On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one day, then the next day it says "Windows cannot access ... (the other computer)". It seems like I spend more time investigating...
  8. PoE Cameras

in Windows 10 Support
    PoE Cameras: About home surveillance cameras. The CC cameras require two wires, one for data and one for power. Then there are the wi-fi cams.The (wi-fi cams can be re-routed for PoE) new PoE camera only use a Cat5e or Cat6E and the one cable transmits power and data on the same cable....
  9. Ethernet lan port problem

Ethernet lan port problem: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a...
  10. Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet

Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet: Hi guys I'm lost. My laptop (win10) is currently connected on wifi through my router to the internet. All working. However, I cant ping, see, connect to my nas or any other device inside my LAN. Using other devices (iphone, imac, nas), they can all see eachother while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zte h108n router can be use for PoE connection?