Windows 10: Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

Discus and support Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ewallace100, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will open. How do I change it back?

:)

ewallace100, Feb 15, 2019

2. Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Mouse pointer changes to arrow with a vertical scroll bar

The only change I had made was to install Open Office. I just uninstalled it and the issue remains after a restart.

The pointer looks like the 5th and 6th pointers in the pointer list from the Mouse Settings.

As for running trouble shooting:

My settings window does not have drop down list in the upper right.

I do not find anything labeled Troubleshooting in the Settings window so can not get to steps 4 & 5.

RichardGlass1, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

1. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger - Similar Threads - Pointer arrow changes

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!: I am irritated by the pointing finger hand on my mouse - I cannot find an option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointers-i-want-arrow-without-pointing/eadeba66-ad93-4921-a232-4aa8656e960b
  6. Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it: Hi - I pasting in a question asked before - clearly I'm not the only person experiencing this problem. It's driving me mad! It opens multiple pages when I'm online and makes pages go up and down automatically. Here's the original question posted: The cursor changes the...
  7. Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srikks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifjcrb/windows97_pointer_arrow_in_windows10/
  8. Double Arrow Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrow Pointer: Re: Paint on Windows 10 In Paint, when I create a text box and want to extend it wider than default size, the pointer is on an angle so difficult very to stretch horizontally. I am sure this is a change so must be a fix?...
  9. finger point not reconize by windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger point not reconize by windows hello: hi i have laptop dell xps13 9380 with fingerpoint but windos hello says that i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-point-not-reconize-by-windows-hello/080c4abd-b16a-47e2-a201-212858885623
  10. Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared: Hi everybody, few days ago I was typing my lecture notes on Word and suddenly the pointer disappeared. I was not doing anything strange and I did not update recently Windows 10. I tried several solutions (also some proposed in this community) but none of them worked. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mouse pointer changes to a finger pointing. How to change that?

2. pointer driver windose 10

3. how to change my cursor from a pointing finger to an arrow

4. how to change arrow pointer to finger pointer,
  5. pointing finger and arrow,
  6. how to change pointer to finger,
  7. how to change pointing arrow