Windows 10: Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly

Discus and support Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It comes and goes. It can go for days fine and then happen a few times in a row. It just freezes for a long time, maybe nearly one minute, I dont use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kmint, Jan 20, 2020.

1. kmint Win User

Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly

It comes and goes. It can go for days fine and then happen a few times in a row.

It just freezes for a long time, maybe nearly one minute, I dont use a mouse, just touchpad, and I start touching the keyboard and eventually will work again but it's very annoying and unpredictable.

I looked for solutions and found the classic reinstall driver etc, not working.

:)

kmint, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 20, 2020
  3. McPlot Win User
    Mouse pointer freezes randomly

I am having an issue with the mouse pointer freezing up randomly after the upgrade to Windows 10. 4 different mice. Including a Microsoft branded mouse. I have seen others with this same problem on the boards, but none of the suggestions worked. So I went
    to chat. The chat reps could not figure it out. Now get this....

They told me that Microsoft Mice, do not work properly with Windows 10.

Yes, they actually told me this. They are insistent that all 4 of my mice are bad when they all work fine in my Windows 7 machine and they worked fine on this machine before I upgraded it to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 8.1

Does anyone have an actual clue on what is going on?

McPlot, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly

1. Pointer (arrow) freezing for long periods randomly - Similar Threads - Pointer arrow freezing

2. Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time: Starting a few months ago, at random intervals my entire computer will kind of "freeze". I put that in quotations because I can still move my mouse and click on certain things, but all software seems to come to a halt. If I'm watching a youtube video, the audio will keep...
  3. Windows 10 keeps lagging and freezing randomly for long and short periods

Windows 10 keeps lagging and freezing randomly for long and short periods: I've got a computer that started to freeze even when there are NO programs running! I know because I have a clock app with the seconds ticking by. The seconds will literally freeze in place and then jump forward after the freeze and it affects my mouse sometimes. Even trying...
  4. Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters: As the title implies, the mouse on my windows 10 laptop will occasionally freeze and stutter semi-uncontrollably. This typically happens while in-game, especially when loading a game. I have done a bit of research and tried some generic fixes reinstalling drivers, etc and...
  5. Periodic random micro freezes

Periodic random micro freezes: Hi, I've been having a problem for a while now with my computer where it hangs for about a second at random intervals-- about once every two or three minutes. Everything displayed on the monitor freezes and any audio that's playing grinds horribly for the duration of the...
  6. Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srikks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifjcrb/windows97_pointer_arrow_in_windows10/
  7. Double Arrow Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrow Pointer: Re: Paint on Windows 10 In Paint, when I create a text box and want to extend it wider than default size, the pointer is on an angle so difficult very to stretch horizontally. I am sure this is a change so must be a fix?...
  8. Widows hung for long period

Widows hung for long period: Microsoft, I wanted you to know something is not playing well with Windows, causing it to be unusable forover an hour, with no end-user notifications. After starting my computer, and waiting for it to get to a steady state, very little that I clicked on worked. Clicking on...
  9. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger: On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will open. How do I change it back?...
  10. System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly): Hi all, I didn't know where to put this thread, but because it has to do with system performance, I thought this might be the best place to post my issues with Win 10. Let me get straight to the point: Up-to-date Windows 10 install (ver 1511 OS Build 10586.36) I haven't...