Windows 10: pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own

Discus and support pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this problem. I looked up on google and I have not seen any updates since 2017. I have a fully updated Windows 10. It has been a problem for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gordw99, Aug 22, 2019.

1. gordw99 Win User

pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own

I have this problem. I looked up on google and I have not seen any updates since 2017. I have a fully updated Windows 10.

It has been a problem for a while. How do I fix. It seems to be a software problem. Please help, it is very annoying.

:)

gordw99, Aug 22, 2019

2. Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Mouse pointer changes to arrow with a vertical scroll bar

The only change I had made was to install Open Office. I just uninstalled it and the issue remains after a restart.

The pointer looks like the 5th and 6th pointers in the pointer list from the Mouse Settings.

As for running trouble shooting:

My settings window does not have drop down list in the upper right.

I do not find anything labeled Troubleshooting in the Settings window so can not get to steps 4 & 5.

RichardGlass1, Aug 22, 2019
  4. pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own

1. pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own - Similar Threads - pointer changes shape

2. Pin changed on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin changed on its own: I went to log into my computer today, and my pin no longer worked. Ive had the same one for multiple years, and it suddenly stopped working. My only option is to wait thirty days to renew my security phone number, but thats stupid. Please help...
  3. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  4. Wallpaper changing on its own

Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  5. Mouse pointer moves on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  6. Mouse pointer moves on its own

Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  7. Gambar shapes look off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gambar shapes look off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sonicvoltron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0umhm/gambar_shapes_look_off/
  8. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  9. Time changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  10. Color changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb