Windows 10: Pointer Dissapears

Discus and support Pointer Dissapears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My trackpad pointer keeps disappearing on certain screens. How do I fix this? Moved from: Windows Insider Preview /Touch and mouse /PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter.4, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Peter.4 Win User

Pointer Dissapears

Peter.4, Sep 7, 2018

2. Pointer dissapearing

I've been looking around the forums for a while but I can't seem to find the solution to my problem. The pointer on my laptop keeps dissapearing but only after I've used the touchscreen. It worked fine before, I was able to move from touching the screen
    to actually seeing and thus being able to navigate with my mouse, but for some reason it's decided to act up. I've tried the fn + f7 trick and it doesnt do anything for me.

BrookeGlasier, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Pointer Dissapears

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Pointer Dissapears

1. Pointer Dissapears - Similar Threads - Pointer Dissapears

2. pointer disappearing from desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer disappearing from desktop: I have been having trouble with my pointer disappearing from my screen. I have tried to reinstall the mouse. Changed the settings on it. I have checked drivers and updated. There is a sound that the computer makes and it disappears. Sometimes it will come back but most...
  3. mouse pointer issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer issue: Mouse pointer is automatically moving in the laptop. I have reinstalled the OS windows 10 but still facing the same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-issue/8e8ae4f5-58a5-4465-88ab-ce741b6f247f
  4. Senseless Mouse Pointer

Senseless Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 system with 4 30" 4K monitors. My mouse has a mind of its own and seems to move to the corners of the screen or to the farthest left monitor close to the Windows Start Icon every 5 seconds. I now spend 90% of time moving my mouse to where I need it. About...
  5. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer: Every time I hover over somthing it clicks it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/30a24d73-733e-415a-80a7-745a09cdfe69
  6. My mouse pointer

My mouse pointer: when I hover over stuff with my mouse pointer it clicks it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer/bf1a5762-ba57-4bc8-98ff-a5424f148ed7
  7. Error Caused by Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Caused by Reference by pointer: My PC is a Gaming PC , I play approx for like 3 to 4 hrs during the weekends. Recently , my laptop shows this BSOD due to Reference by pointer ,i wanna know the reason why this happens , it has happened for 4 to 5 times in the last two months . my laptop is 15 months old ....
  8. Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared: Hi everybody, few days ago I was typing my lecture notes on Word and suddenly the pointer disappeared. I was not doing anything strange and I did not update recently Windows 10. I tried several solutions (also some proposed in this community) but none of them worked. I am...
  9. Mouse pointer not working correctly

Mouse pointer not working correctly: No matter where I am on my screen with my mouse, when I click on something to open it my pointer returns to the top of the screen. Could someone please help? This is getting very frustrating...
  10. mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle

mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle: In Windows 10 1809. I fixed the mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle, but it's back !!! Checked the community and found no information to fix it......