Windows 10: Pointer Dissapears

Discus and support Pointer Dissapears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My trackpad pointer keeps disappearing on certain screens. How do I fix this? Moved from: Windows Insider Preview /Touch and mouse /PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter.4, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Peter.4 Win User

Pointer Dissapears

Peter.4, Sep 7, 2018

2. Pointer dissapearing

I've been looking around the forums for a while but I can't seem to find the solution to my problem. The pointer on my laptop keeps dissapearing but only after I've used the touchscreen. It worked fine before, I was able to move from touching the screen
    to actually seeing and thus being able to navigate with my mouse, but for some reason it's decided to act up. I've tried the fn + f7 trick and it doesnt do anything for me.

BrookeGlasier, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Pointer Dissapears

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Pointer Dissapears

1. Pointer Dissapears - Similar Threads - Pointer Dissapears

2. Mouse pointer hangs up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer hangs up: After the latest W10 update my mouse hangs up every 3 seconds for about a second. Just stops mid drag. Very uniform like something running in the background. Doesn't affect keyboard strokes. Tried a hard wired USB mouse and a USB wireless mouse. Affects All apps. 1...
  3. Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working: I prefer the 'None' pointer scheme, but after the latest version update I can't reset it The scheme looks like this: [ATTACH] Hitting 'Apply' doesn't actually change it. My mouse is stuck with the Windows default scheme. Any other scheme like Inverse or Magnified works just...
  4. Pointer color

Pointer color: Windows 10 Can I change the color of the cursor pointer? The default black is very hard for me to visually locate it on a page. I believe if I could set the pointer to a different color, I could locate it on a heavy text page. Any help or suggestions would appreciate...
  5. Mouse pointer freezing Whenever i play an audio, video, or a windows pop up appears

Mouse pointer freezing Whenever i play an audio, video, or a windows pop up appears: As i said in the main title, my mouse pointer freezes whenever i start to play a song on spotify and doesnt unfreeze (until i alt f4), same thing with youtube when i begin to play a video and the same for windows pop ups until they dissapear. i have a logitech g900 wireless...
  6. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins to freeze again. The...
  7. Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't: Whenever I launch a game (any game) my mouse works fine just as its supposed to. It changes to the games default mouse and everything runs fine until I move it into the middle-rightmost area of the screen. When it goes there it changes from the games mouse to the default...
  8. cursor/pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor/pointer: I just got my laptop today, and it was working fine but I left it to charge, then when I came to open it my pointer was gone. It's a windows 10 HP Laptop. My pointer only works when I plug in a mouse of my own. It's kind of a lot of work to be plugging the mouse in every time...
  9. how can i find my pointer

how can i find my pointer: hi, every now and again when I turn my computer on, the pointer doesn't show? How can I easily find it? cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-pointer/0bf08a8e-ad27-4494-b7d8-a1e7a1490958
  10. Not letting me change my mouse pointer

Not letting me change my mouse pointer: I've never had problems before, until I had to update my computer last time. Once I woke up and logged in, my mouse pointer was changed to the default newer looking one. I'll send a picture of what it use to be, and what it looks like now. [ATTACH] ----- [ATTACH] Is...