Windows 10: Pointer evades my control

Discus and support Pointer evades my control in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes, my pointer starts to move on its own and trail or lead wherever I guide it. When I try to click on something, it jumps elsewhere and dodges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/badass-techie, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Pointer evades my control

Sometimes, my pointer starts to move on its own and trail or lead wherever I guide it. When I try to click on something, it jumps elsewhere and dodges my click. This is so so frustrating - whenever it happens, my computer becomes literally unusable.

(This is not a hardware issue, it doesn't happen when I dual boot into Linux)

submitted by /u/badass-techie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/badass-techie, Mar 12, 2021

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 12, 2021
  3. MOUSE POINTER-SIZE-BRIGHTNESS-VISIBILITY

Or, if you like to see how to do it in Windows 7:

1. Start button (bottom left)
    2. Control Panel
    3. Hardware and sound
    4. Mouse
    5. The Pointers tab
    6. Under scheme, select the pointer you want
    I use the Windows Black Extra Large

A suggestion:

on the Pointer options tab

Check the box next to automatically move the pointer to the default button

Canadian Tech, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Pointer evades my control

Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Pointer evades my control

1. Pointer evades my control - Similar Threads - Pointer evades control

2. My pointer disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pointer disappears.: My pointer appear when I start my Asus laptop. However, within seconds, it disappears. I then have to use a mouse which I don't want to have to do. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-disappears/f83f59f7-48f1-4439-8d40-8c8d97813111
  3. Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.: Why do the Community Standards moderators on comment threads allow the use of homophones to evade hate speech restrictions? I have consistently flagged comments made very disparagingly about First Nations people in which the poster refers to them as "engines". a substitute...
  4. Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.: Why do the Community Standards moderators on comment threads allow the use of homophones to evade hate speech restrictions? I have consistently flagged comments made very disparagingly about First Nations people in which the poster refers to them as "engines". a substitute...
  5. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pointer is lagging: Hello, I installed Windows 10 yesterday but my pointer is lagging. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-is-lagging/bc22548e-9d7e-4f8f-aaa0-224582443926
  6. Pointer Out Of Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pointer Out Of Control: Hi,My pointer is acting up. Randomly every now and then my pointer gets locked up and starts moving slowly on its own to the left or right without my control. I try to slide my hand on my touchpad and it wont work, my pointer keeps moving on its own and I have to wait for a...
  7. Remedies for missing msvcp110 and msvcr110 continue to evade me

Remedies for missing msvcp110 and msvcr110 continue to evade me: In September 2020, I tried to open Photoshop but got the error message of Missing MSVCP110.dll. Since then I have been unable to use most of my important Adobe programs. I went to a repair and restore shop to try to fix the problem. They could not and advised me to contact...
  8. my pointer disappeared

my pointer disappeared: the pointer disappeared while using my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-disappeared/e8d82991-2ff6-4bfc-848f-e40241cbaa6f
  9. pointer hard to control

pointer hard to control: pointer hard to control from built-in mousepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-hard-to-control/7292bc53-a24a-46c7-9cb1-b2eb22a21af5
  10. WHY DO MICROSOFT TAX EVADE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY DO MICROSOFT TAX EVADE?: WHY does MICROSOFT TAX EVADE? Like I'm poor, but I don't tax evade, that's not right! I think Microsoft is greedy, in the future people will think that the people of Microsoft were greedy and evil because the root of all evil is greed! So why can't you people at Microsoft...