Windows 10: Pointer freezes on start up..............

Discus and support Pointer freezes on start up.............. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start up my laptop, the pointer freezes. I can't go any further. If I close the laptop and reopen it, this seems to unfreeze the pointer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BTHXV, Sep 24, 2018.

1. BTHXV Win User

Pointer freezes on start up..............

When I start up my laptop, the pointer freezes. I can't go any further. If I close the laptop and reopen it, this seems to unfreeze the pointer. This just started after 5 years of use. What can I do to stop it?

:)

BTHXV, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Nick Dich Win User

pointer keeps on freezing hellllp and typing is slooooooowwww

Hi Alan,

We need to ask you few questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When you say that your pointer keeps on freezing, did you mean the mouse pointer or the cursor when you are typing?
    • When did this issue started to happen?
    • Are you using a certain program when this issue occurs?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer prior to this?
    • Have you installed any programs that may caused this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Sep 24, 2018
  3. COLIN_833 Win User
    pointer freezing why?

mouse pointer freezes at start-up

COLIN_833, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Pointer freezes on start up..............

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Pointer freezes on start up..............

1. Pointer freezes on start up.............. - Similar Threads - Pointer freezes start

2. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  3. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  4. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  7. Freezing mouse pointer

Freezing mouse pointer: My Microsoft Precision Mouse pointer freezes from time to time when I have not used it for a shorter or longer time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. If I pull out the transceiver and plug it in again, it usually unfreezes the mouse, but if not, and I move...
  8. Mouse pointer freezes

Mouse pointer freezes: Not all the time, but enough to make it annoying, my mouse pointer freezes if I move it across the page quickly. Sometimes it is only for 10-15 seconds - other times it's a lot longer. Sometimes I have to take the dongle out and put it back in the USB slot before it works. Is...
  9. mouse pointer freezing

mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574
  10. Freezing and start up issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Freezing and start up issues.: So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not due to expiration. it started freezing and showing like colorful type lines across the screen at first, making me force shut...