Windows 10: pointer jumps to upper right corner

Discus and support pointer jumps to upper right corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by st2567E72, May 26, 2020.

1. st2567E72 Win User

pointer jumps to upper right corner

My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no jumping to the upper right corner. When I reattach the keyboard it happens again. It seems to be related to the touch pad. I have tried all the remedies suggested but none work. Maybe disabling the touch pad would help but it is not obviousl how to do that.

Help!

:)

st2567E72, May 26, 2020
  2. DCPaul Win User

Cursor /pointer jumping right upper corner

I uninstalled all drivers listed under mouse from Device Manager and restarted the computer. It works without any problem for few minutes and then the problem started again. I checked the Device Manager and saw all the drivers that I uninstalled were back.

I think Dell's touchpad driver has a bug causing this problem and conflicting with other drivers.

I don't know how to block windows from updating Dell's Drivers. However, I found disabling Touchscreen helped. It didn't resolve the problem, the cursor/pointer still there at upper right corner but it is hidden behind disabled Touchscreen.

DCPaul, May 26, 2020
  3. DCPaul Win User
    Cursor /pointer jumping right upper corner

Having weird problem on my Dell Inspiron 15 s 5000.... The Cursor is jumping on right upper corner. Can't use laptop at all.

Applied many solutions from Internet and didn't help at all. So far,

1) made changes on points settings from mouse properties,

2) updated TouchPad drivers,

3) installed touch freeze app,

4) updated graphics drivers,

5) updated BIOS too,

6) uninstaller many apps, and finally

7) formatted hard drives and reinstalled windows...

Made no difference.....

Any help would greatly appreciated.

DCPaul, May 26, 2020
  4. MirageH Win User

Upper right corner lag.

Fix

The problems can be fixed pretty easily.

For Windows 7 users. (for different OS's usable but these steps refer to Windows 7 OS)

• Go to your Control Panel.
      Go to Hardware and Sound
      Then go to you're Mouse settings. (It's in the blue text under Devices and Printers)
      At the Mouse settings menu you go to the Pointers Tab

pointer jumps to upper right corner image_thumb1.png

On this tab you just have to disable: Enable pointer shadow

Press apply and you're done!
      Worked for me *Smile pointer jumps to upper right corner :)

MirageH, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. pointer jumps to upper right corner - Similar Threads - pointer jumps upper

2. Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display: hi,When I have my display extended to an external screen, every couple of minutes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the top right corner of the desktop. This can happen even as I am in the process of clicking, so I have accidentally closed my window several times, sometimes...
  3. Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display: hi,When I have my display extended to an external screen, every couple of minutes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the top right corner of the desktop. This can happen even as I am in the process of clicking, so I have accidentally closed my window several times, sometimes...
  4. My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen: My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen, what could be causing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer-keeps-jumping-to-the-top-right/466da94b-4532-439b-a330-78514c62b5b2
  5. My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen: My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen, what could be causing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer-keeps-jumping-to-the-top-right/466da94b-4532-439b-a330-78514c62b5b2
  6. My mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?

mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?: Hi, Recently mouse pointer stuck in the upper right corner, I am not sure if I am hacked or there is a conflict somewhere. Has anyone experienced this? is there any solution? Thanks Matt...
  8. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  9. Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen: Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the...
  10. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse keeps moving to top right corner

2. windows 10 upper right cornerr