Windows 10: pointer missing

Discus and support pointer missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I drag my finger on the computer pad the pointer is no where to be found? I've tried everything? can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quinton22, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Quinton22 Win User

pointer missing

when I drag my finger on the computer pad the pointer is no where to be found? I've tried everything? can anyone help?

:)

Quinton22, Jul 11, 2019

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Touch Pad pointer is missing.

Hi Jasbir,

To help resolve your concern with your missing Touchpad pointer, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard for the Menu bar to appear.
    • Type Mouse & TouchPad Settings and hit enter.
    • Select the last tab that contains the built-in mouse pad.
    • Click Enable device.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persists, press and hold Left Alt + Left Shift + Number Lock. You will be prompted to a small box. Use the tab key to select the
    Yes option.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 11, 2019
  4. alvinalin Win User

pointer missing

Help! My Pointer Keeps Disappearing

This is so uncomfortable.

My pointer keeps on disappearing. This is the 3rd times.

The 1st time it happened, i googled many articles and tried many suggestion and i have no idea which one act works.

The 2nd time i was just very lucky that the pointer return after my windows auto update.

This time, it disappear again after my laptop did the auto update.

I tried the sfc scan. But because my pointer is missing i can't do the whole step by step suggested.

I can't right click or double click.

I can only use touch screen.

Plz help! This is very irritating, help!

alvinalin, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

pointer missing

1. pointer missing - Similar Threads - pointer missing

2. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  3. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  4. Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.: Sometimes when I boot my laptop, there is no mouse pointer. After I restart 2-3 times, the pointer appears. When the doesn't appear, the device manager looks like this. 'Mice and pointing' is in Show hidden devices in view tab.When pointer doesn't appear, I can use mouse...
  5. Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.

Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.: Sometimes when I boot my laptop, there is no mouse pointer. After I restart 2-3 times, the pointer appears. When the doesn't appear, the device manager looks like this. 'Mice and pointing' is in Show hidden devices in view tab.When pointer doesn't appear, I can use mouse...
  6. My mouse pointer goes missing and trackpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer goes missing and trackpad doesn't work: Sometimes the mouse cursor appears and sometimes it doesn't. When the cursor appears I see "Mice and other pointing devices" in Device Manager, but this option disappears when the cursor misses. If I plug USB mouse, I can use it but can't work the pointer with trackpad....
  7. My mouse pointer goes missing and trackpad doesn't work

My mouse pointer goes missing and trackpad doesn't work: Sometimes the mouse cursor appears and sometimes it doesn't. When the cursor appears I see "Mice and other pointing devices" in Device Manager, but this option disappears when the cursor misses. If I plug USB mouse, I can use it but can't work the pointer with trackpad....
  8. Mouse pointer missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer missing: How can I find my mouse pointer? I'm not adept at using keyboard commands. Thank you to anyone who can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-missing/99aa122a-0358-4245-b628-6d585eb62619
  9. Mouse pointer missing

Mouse pointer missing: How can I find my mouse pointer? I'm not adept at using keyboard commands. Thank you to anyone who can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-missing/99aa122a-0358-4245-b628-6d585eb62619
  10. Mouse pointer missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware