Windows 10: pointer missing

Discus and support pointer missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I drag my finger on the computer pad the pointer is no where to be found? I've tried everything? can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quinton22, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Quinton22 Win User

pointer missing

when I drag my finger on the computer pad the pointer is no where to be found? I've tried everything? can anyone help?

:)

Quinton22, Jul 11, 2019

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Touch Pad pointer is missing.

Hi Jasbir,

To help resolve your concern with your missing Touchpad pointer, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard for the Menu bar to appear.
    • Type Mouse & TouchPad Settings and hit enter.
    • Select the last tab that contains the built-in mouse pad.
    • Click Enable device.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persists, press and hold Left Alt + Left Shift + Number Lock. You will be prompted to a small box. Use the tab key to select the
    Yes option.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 11, 2019
  4. alvinalin Win User

pointer missing

Help! My Pointer Keeps Disappearing

This is so uncomfortable.

My pointer keeps on disappearing. This is the 3rd times.

The 1st time it happened, i googled many articles and tried many suggestion and i have no idea which one act works.

The 2nd time i was just very lucky that the pointer return after my windows auto update.

This time, it disappear again after my laptop did the auto update.

I tried the sfc scan. But because my pointer is missing i can't do the whole step by step suggested.

I can't right click or double click.

I can only use touch screen.

Plz help! This is very irritating, help!

alvinalin, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

pointer missing

1. pointer missing - Similar Threads - pointer missing

2. 1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer: I'm glad that there are more pointer options now (I like a big green pointer, which can now be achieved with the system pointer), but you really shouldn't have ruined the appearance of custom mouse pointers. I've used my own custom mouse pointers in Windows for at least a...
  3. pointer does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer does not work: hi can someone please help me i have window 10 my pointer isn't working it never comes up on screen i have to touch the screen all the time when I'm on this computer. i miss my pointer .when i went to check it out it says code24.that its missing . then when i go to properties...
  4. Mouse pointer goes crazy and task bar apps try to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer goes crazy and task bar apps try to open: I recently updated Windows 10. Since then my mouse pointer won't respond correctly. I can move it left to right but it fails to move up much past the height of the task bar. Some of the apps that are pinned to the task bar have also opened without me pressing any mouse...
  5. Windows 10 mouse pointer issues

Windows 10 mouse pointer issues: Hi, I'm having issues with my mouse pointer. I don't exactly know if this is an issue or a glitch. My mouse pointer looks like this since I lasted used my laptop. (Attached image of normal mouse pointer and also when on typing mode mouse pointer) You will notice on the...
  6. Moving Mouse Pointer

Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...
  7. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.: Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-computer-is-frozen-i-can-move-the/93a29f31-19dc-436e-9cea-b6e186ebd534
  8. POINTER SPEED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POINTER SPEED: Hello, my pointer is moving so fast and then so slow even when I try to adjust the settings. what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-speed/03534a03-dff6-44f0-8bb6-333626b003f5
  9. pointer color

pointer color: options for changing pointer color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-color/49f1ad7c-4550-4764-a666-2598e134352d
  10. Missing Pointer

Missing Pointer: I've looked at several articles yet none have helped. In the middle of playing a game (Sims 4) when suddenly my pointer disappeared. I looked at mouse and touchpad settings yet nothing was helpful. I'm up to date on Windows (Windows 10) and I have a Dell laptop. Using my...