Windows 10: Pointer Out Of Control

Discus and support Pointer Out Of Control in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,My pointer is acting up. Randomly every now and then my pointer gets locked up and starts moving slowly on its own to the left or right without my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amirhosseinrahimi1, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Pointer Out Of Control

Hi,My pointer is acting up. Randomly every now and then my pointer gets locked up and starts moving slowly on its own to the left or right without my control. I try to slide my hand on my touchpad and it wont work, my pointer keeps moving on its own and I have to wait for a few seconds until it stops moving, then it comes out of lock and I get my control back. It occurs randomly and locks up for a random period of time. It was once a day a while ago but now it's happening every minute or so. It's driving me nuts. Please help me!

:)

amirhosseinrahimi1, Sep 19, 2021

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 19, 2021
  3. MOUSE POINTER-SIZE-BRIGHTNESS-VISIBILITY

Or, if you like to see how to do it in Windows 7:

1. Start button (bottom left)
    2. Control Panel
    3. Hardware and sound
    4. Mouse
    5. The Pointers tab
    6. Under scheme, select the pointer you want
    I use the Windows Black Extra Large

A suggestion:

on the Pointer options tab

Check the box next to automatically move the pointer to the default button

Canadian Tech, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Pointer Out Of Control

Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Pointer Out Of Control

1. Pointer Out Of Control - Similar Threads - Pointer Control

2. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  3. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  4. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  6. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  7. I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD

I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD: Need someone to read my minidumpsTried Updating DriversTried memtest no errors with mdschedTried reinstalling OS.Tried swapping ram so still happening.This is my dumps from previous days.Ive also uploaded my system...
  8. Pointer evades my control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pointer evades my control: Sometimes, my pointer starts to move on its own and trail or lead wherever I guide it. When I try to click on something, it jumps elsewhere and dodges my click. This is so so frustrating - whenever it happens, my computer becomes literally unusable. (This is not a hardware...
  9. 0x0 problem in logitech mouse...cannot control pointer range

0x0 problem in logitech mouse...cannot control pointer range: 0x0 is error my Logitech mouse pointer will not go where I want it...too big of a range...cannot specifically direct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x0-problem-in-logitech-mousecannot-control/98576244-d018-4ae7-a8df-2f2b22aca10c
  10. pointer hard to control

pointer hard to control: pointer hard to control from built-in mousepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-hard-to-control/7292bc53-a24a-46c7-9cb1-b2eb22a21af5