Windows 10: pointer paning to a hand

Discus and support pointer paning to a hand in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pointer is panning to a hand when it hovers over something. I cannot figure out to stop it. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickC55TW, Jul 24, 2019.

1. RickC55TW Win User

pointer paning to a hand

My pointer is panning to a hand when it hovers over something. I cannot figure out to stop it. Any ideas?

:)

RickC55TW, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

3. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 24, 2019
  4. pointer paning to a hand

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

pointer paning to a hand

1. pointer paning to a hand - Similar Threads - pointer paning hand

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  6. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  7. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...
  9. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...
  10. Cursor changes from pointer to a hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor changes from pointer to a hand: The cursor changes from pointer to hand on some aps and locations on screen. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-changes-from-pointer-to-a-hand/ff27d6b8-92c0-402f-aa3f-88c6a6388bf9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor paning