Windows 10: Pointer problem

Discus and support Pointer problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pointer does not work properly when playing games, ie. candy crush. I have to try several times to get the tiles to move the way I want them. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KimAlexander1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Pointer problem

My pointer does not work properly when playing games, ie. candy crush. I have to try several times to get the tiles to move the way I want them. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile mouse 3500, Windows 10, 64 bit. My mouse works ok otherwise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

KimAlexander1, Dec 15, 2018

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Pointer problem

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Pointer problem

1. Pointer problem - Similar Threads - Pointer problem

2. how to fix mouse pointer movement problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix mouse pointer movement problems: When I move the pointer it starts and stops. Also, cannot change some pointer settings with control panel. Windows 11 on Lenovo idea pad 3-14 lap top...
  3. how to fix mouse pointer movement problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix mouse pointer movement problems: When I move the pointer it starts and stops. Also, cannot change some pointer settings with control panel. Windows 11 on Lenovo idea pad 3-14 lap top...
  4. Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision: I disabled "Enhance Pointer Precision" in the windows 10 mouse settings but since I did this my mouse suddenly stops when dragging it. It ranges from a couple milliseconds to a second or two of being stopped. Anyone know a possible fix? My mouse is the Logitech G Pro...
  5. Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode: Whenever I rotate my screen, Say from Landscape to portrait, then the mouse pointer's orientation also changes to that of portrait mode. Is there any way that I can keep the orientation of the mouse pointer as in landscape mode, howsoever the screen is rotated. This is...
  6. Mouse pointer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer problems: My mouse pointer disappeared out of nowhere and I was able to make the mouse pointer come back on the screen but now it's stuck in the middle and I don't know how to get out the middle...
  7. pointer problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    pointer problem: why does the pointer on lenovo laptop migrate after a few minutes on internet? it causes page to magnify to 200% and wanders all over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-problem/41e8034b-3ae6-44d3-928e-5cdee5f0b150
  8. Problem with Files Scrolling automatically when the pointer is placed within the pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Files Scrolling automatically when the pointer is placed within the pane.: Problems with the Files Menu scrolling and unable to select files and folders that I want. The files I want, just seem to scroll out of reach. The image below illustrates what happens when placing the cursor over an opened file and attempting to edit. The window slides...
  9. onscreen pointer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    onscreen pointer problem: Hi can anyone give advice on a problem Im having on windows 10 I have 2 mouse pointers on screen at the same time one is stationary and will not move or go away on shutting and restarting, the pointer Im controlling by mouse is constantly flickering and its all very annoying...
  10. Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?: WIndows needs to get a fix asap to the frozen pointer issue which developed right after a recent update. One laptop is fine, the other is not. Frustrating! FIX ASAP!...