Windows 10: Pointer slides out

Discus and support Pointer slides out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want, and leave finger from touchpad, pointer moves and slides out Any suggestions? 97838 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by electron100, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

:)

electron100, Nov 11, 2017

2. Mouse pointer jumps when moved using touchpad to 'active' screen locations on Dell D630 after installing 64bit Windows 10

I have also tried experimenting with changing the mouse pointer speed and, perhaps significantly, the distance the pointer jumps is a function of the speed setting. If the setting is slow then it does not jump very far, if it is fast it jumps a long way.

Its looks as if the screen update that as a result of the original mouse movement (e.g. a button becoming highlighted) is causing windows to be confused as to where the mouse is and thinks that it has been moved again. The distance that it then moves the pointer
    is then a function of the mouse speed setting.

Also, I have found that if I slide vertically into the 'active' screen area such as a button, if the pointer jumps, it jumps to the right. If I slide horizontally into the active screen area and there is a jump then it will be upwards.

Nigel-Dyer, Nov 11, 2017
  3. Scroll bar disappears (auto hides) in Windows 10 and Office 2013

I went to Settings as suggested, typed performance, then clicked performance options, and unchecked "fade or slide menus into view" and "fade out menus after clicking". The scroll bar is visible all the time now, it just turns a lighter grey w/o mouse
    pointer over it! YAY! No more disappearing slide bar! It may not work for all......I have Win 10, Office20 16.

DharmaDear, Nov 11, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Pointer slides out

Look for updated touchpad drivers from Toshiba... or if you have synaptic touchpad other places can be searched. The only info we have to go on in your System Specs, are not going to help us help you.

dmholt57, Nov 11, 2017
Thema:

Pointer slides out

1. Pointer slides out - Similar Threads - Pointer slides

2. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  3. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  4. Windows 11 pointer randomly failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pointer randomly failing: Hi, i already made a post about the fails in my computer Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11 - Microsoft Community and im starting to think its a malware.Sometimes, when using my computer, the pointer starts moving at 5 fps, moving by itself and...
  5. Windows 11 pointer randomly failing

Windows 11 pointer randomly failing: Hi, i already made a post about the fails in my computer Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11 - Microsoft Community and im starting to think its a malware.Sometimes, when using my computer, the pointer starts moving at 5 fps, moving by itself and...
  6. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  7. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  8. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  10. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....