Windows 10: pointer stop working in this app only ?

Discus and support pointer stop working in this app only ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does my pointer stop working in this app ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Why does my pointer stop, Nov 16, 2018.

1. pointer stop working in this app only ?

Why does my pointer stop working in this app ?

:)

Why does my pointer stop, Nov 16, 2018

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 16, 2018
  4. pointer stop working in this app only ?

Mouse Pointer in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As of now, there is no option to disappear mouse pointer and turn into a dot or circle.I suggest you to use feedback inside the fresh paint app and give feedback regarding this.

Please follow the steps below:

• Open fresh paint.
    • Click on hub(the three lines, in top left corner).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on send feedback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

pointer stop working in this app only ?

1. pointer stop working in this app only ? - Similar Threads - pointer stop working

2. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code Reference by Pointer: I have gotten this BSOD more than 20 times over the past weeks, several times per session. I have reinstallled windows and the problem persists. Below is a link to my dumpfiles and system information, since another thread pointed out those should be provided to get...
  3. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code Reference by Pointer: I have gotten this BSOD more than 20 times over the past weeks, several times per session. I have reinstallled windows and the problem persists. Below is a link to my dumpfiles and system information, since another thread pointed out those should be provided to get...
  4. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code Reference By Pointer: I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. I am facing this issue since 2-3 months. i tried uninstalling apps and upgrading windows but with no luck.What is it and how can I fix it?Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Stop code:Reference by pointer

Stop code:Reference by pointer: Hello, my laptop is facing stop code error: Reference by pointer. And then my computer restarts. Don't know what the cause either my hard drive is in bad conditions or some driver issues.HP pavilion dv6Core 2 duo.Windows 10, 32bit...
  6. my mouse pointer stopped working for monopoly deluxe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse pointer stopped working for monopoly deluxe.: I have had Monopoly Deluxe on computer for a long time with no problems. Now my mouse doesn't work. The mouse works on all my other games. GameHouse told me to contact you. Any ideas on how to fix it?...
  7. Mouse pointer only works on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer only works on lock screen: My mouse just stopped working, I've tried resetting and I've noticed that the mouse pointer only appears on the lock screen were you put in your password to login in, it also will work for a short time after resetting it. so after I reset I will login and then the mouse...
  8. My keyboard and pointer stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and pointer stop working: My keyboard and pointer stop working on my surface pro 4. Please help to solve this problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-pointer-stop-working/2d125873-5d03-47bc-8c11-f988e0d6fec4
  9. Stop code: Reference by Pointer

Stop code: Reference by Pointer: Hi, I have encountered this error twice now. Stop Code: Reference by Pointer. What does it mean and whats its causes? It definitely happened after i updated my Win 10. Looked all over online but not really found a solution to this problem. PC specs just in case: Win...
  10. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code Reference By Pointer: I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. What is it and how can I fix it? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...