Windows 10: Pointer when I float over a link

Discus and support Pointer when I float over a link in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a couple applications I run on several Windows-10 PCs, when I float over a clickable bit of text I get a finger icon. However, on one particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffrey-wilson, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Pointer when I float over a link

On a couple applications I run on several Windows-10 PCs, when I float over a clickable bit of text I get a finger icon. However, on one particular computer, doesn't happen. Where's the setting for this?

:)

jeffrey-wilson, Aug 18, 2020

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2020
  3. pointer size

Hi,

Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3:Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Way 2: Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Hope it works

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Pointer when I float over a link

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Pointer when I float over a link

1. Pointer when I float over a link - Similar Threads - Pointer float link

2. how to stop getting link information when pointer hovers on link?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop getting link information when pointer hovers on link?: i don't want link info when pointer hovers on emailed link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-getting-link-information-when-pointer/097065a1-1f0f-439f-92e7-b9e6e060a2ca
  3. Windows update on 2/12/2021 - Extra floating mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update on 2/12/2021 - Extra floating mouse pointer: Since updating Win10 this morning, I have a small less than 1 inch round area in the upper-right area of my screen that displays a stationary mouse pointer, or whatever shape the pointer is where it is hovering at other parts of the screen. Annoying, because the 'real' mouse...
  4. Disable the popup showing the link when I mouse over the link

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable the popup showing the link when I mouse over the link: I am using Outlook as my mail application. When I mouse over a link within the email that is being viewed a small window pops up displaying the link. If the link is very long the window is large and covers up the text of the message I am trying to read. If I move the mouse...
  5. Mouse displays link details when over the icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse displays link details when over the icon: When the mouse pointer is over a link icon, it displays the content of the link in text. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-displays-link-details-when-over-the-icon/8dc33d00-8ed6-4d24-b851-54339ff9d63d
  6. HYperlinks showing up when I roll over links in my email

in Browsers and Email
    HYperlinks showing up when I roll over links in my email: In Windows 10 mail, when I roll over a link, in an open email, the full text of the hyperlink pops up as a mini window. Is there a setting that I can turn that off? It's more annoying than anything. If there is a setting I can't seem to find it or I have overlooked it....
  7. Why does the link data show when mouse pointer rolls over pictures etc. in Mail Version...

Why does the link data show when mouse pointer rolls over pictures etc. in Mail Version...: [ATTACH] When using Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0 I find that as the mouse pointer passes over a link in any email it shows up the link data as shown in the attached picture. This only occurs in my Mail program and it occurs on all emails. AllanS...
  8. Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them: The image on videos immediately go massive as soon as I hover the mouse pointer over it. How do I bring the image back to normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-go-massive-when-pointer-hovers-over-them/826878ed-fd82-49fe-95f2-7042b1b56a71
  9. hyper text links showing when i hover over picture

hyper text links showing when i hover over picture: Hello everyone Thanks for reading this I am NOT SURE which "CATEGORY etc." this "should" be placed in, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong one. I have seen this question before BUT have NOT seen a creditable answer that seems to solve it YET. If anyone has the same...
  10. Possible to disable the large icon over pointer when dragging files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to disable the large icon over pointer when dragging files?: I love Windows 10 but this may be the most annoying feature so far for me and I have no clue how to turn it off. I've searched online and all results concern windows 8/7/vista... and not only were there no real solutions but there is nothing about Windows 10. Never...