Windows 10: Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

Discus and support Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody, few days ago I was typing my lecture notes on Word and suddenly the pointer disappeared. I was not doing anything strange and I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IlariaMazzetti, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

Hi everybody,

few days ago I was typing my lecture notes on Word and suddenly the pointer disappeared. I was not doing anything strange and I did not update recently Windows 10.

I tried several solutions (also some proposed in this community) but none of them worked.

I am now using an external mouse connected through the USB door and it is fine. However I really like to have my pointer back on the screen.

Really thanks for helping.

Ilaria

P.S. My PC is a HP note and has Windows 10 version

:)

IlariaMazzetti, Mar 8, 2019
  2. alvinalin Win User

Help! My Pointer Keeps Disappearing

This is so uncomfortable.

My pointer keeps on disappearing. This is the 3rd times.

The 1st time it happened, i googled many articles and tried many suggestion and i have no idea which one act works.

The 2nd time i was just very lucky that the pointer return after my windows auto update.

This time, it disappear again after my laptop did the auto update.

I tried the sfc scan. But because my pointer is missing i can't do the whole step by step suggested.

I can't right click or double click.

I can only use touch screen.

Plz help! This is very irritating, help!

alvinalin, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Pointer disappears

a couple of ideas....

Are you using the black arrow (large) for the pointer?

What kind of screen background does your pc wake up to?

For test purposes, I shut down my laptop and noted where my pointer was at shutdown. When my login page next appeared, the pointer was positioned exactly in the center of the screen but pointer was now a different small white one.

I am on skip ahead build 18204.

Jmarco0921, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared

1. Pointer (white arrow) suddenly disappeared - Similar Threads - Pointer white arrow

2. Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...: My mouse is not working. It is properly working on all other computers. It is not working only on my computer. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-not-working-all-of-sudden-and-mouse/512750c7-f09d-47ff-bced-bf2873e1447f
  3. Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows97 pointer arrow in Windows10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srikks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifjcrb/windows97_pointer_arrow_in_windows10/
  4. Pointer never updates (stuck on white arrow)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pointer never updates (stuck on white arrow): Hi, For the last few days, my pointer has been stuck in "white arrow" mode, meaning that its shape will never change no matter what. Three examples of my issue: When hovering something clickable in Chrome, the pointer will not turn to a hand with the index finger pointing;...
  5. Double Arrow Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrow Pointer: Re: Paint on Windows 10 In Paint, when I create a text box and want to extend it wider than default size, the pointer is on an angle so difficult very to stretch horizontally. I am sure this is a change so must be a fix?...
  6. Disappearing pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing pointer: I was in Facebook game room and installed The Last Leviathan Arcade game. after I left the game now my pointer won't show up on any of the other facebook games. What can I do besides reboot my PC?...
  7. can i get a different pointer i cant see the white arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i get a different pointer i cant see the white arrow: I just want a different pointer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-different-pointer-i-cant-see-the-white/eecd073f-1aad-4118-aad9-bb0a08389542
  8. White arrows on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    White arrows on taskbar?: I have these annoying white arrows pop up on my taskbar somehow and i can't figure how to get rid of them can anybody tell me how?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-on-taskbar/cac5a27f-4e83-46af-b07c-df092a731bec
  9. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....
  10. Pointer disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer disappears: Why does my pointer disappear when I open my laptop after sleep mode and how can I get it back quickly? Can I stop this happening? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pointer-disappears/7d077e5f-0fdb-4cb5-bc26-dd2af5dc4285

Users found this page by searching for:

1. annoying white arrow on my squarespace page

2. white arrow disappears in chrome on white background

3. the white arrow on laptop computer has disappeared

4. white arrow missing,
  5. i can not get rid of the white arrow when using my pen