Windows 10: Pointer

Discus and support Pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Sal6767 Win User

Pointer

When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off

:)

Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018
  2. FordGT90Concept Win User

Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Angela Pun Win User
    Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Michael Gall Win User

Pointer

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Pointer

1. Pointer - Similar Threads - Pointer

2. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer: hi all help plz.. hp tower pc I keep losing my mouse pointer works of for a few days . but if I stop go make a coffee etc pointer has gone have to reboot my pc and lose all my work ...got all latest updates changed mouse a few times. Googled the problem and it looks like...
  3. Change Pointer Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Pointer Color: Hello - Using Windows 10. Would like to change the color or the point without using any external software from Black to another color (Red). How can this be accomplished?...
  4. pointer stop working in this app only ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pointer stop working in this app only ?: Why does my pointer stop working in this app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-stop-working-in-this-app-only/e647ae13-9f69-44fe-84ae-ed157e51cd20
  5. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code Reference By Pointer: I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. What is it and how can I fix it? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
  6. second mouse pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    second mouse pointer: for about 2 weeks now after some updates my Surface has been taking ages to boot. when it is finally running there is a second mouse pointer in a light circle on the display. it goes away after a while but the time varies...
  7. Mouse Pointer Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer Problem: My Lenovo Y500 laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  8. Left-handed Mouse Pointers Revert to Windows Default on Next Bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left-handed Mouse Pointers Revert to Windows Default on Next Bootup: My Y500 was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well for a year or two. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  9. Left-handed Mouse Pointers Revert to Windows Default on Next Bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-handed Mouse Pointers Revert to Windows Default on Next Bootup: My Y500 was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well for a year or two. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  10. Windows mouse, pointer broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mouse, pointer broken: Hi, so i had this problem with the mouse pointer, it just presses the middle button on my mouse to scroll and my left click doesnt work sometimes. Cant click on anything sometimes. So i reinstaled my windows and i had no prblems till now, so i think its somethig from windows...