Windows 10: Pointer

Discus and support Pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Sal6767 Win User

Pointer

When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off

:)

Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Pointer

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Pointer

1. Pointer - Similar Threads - Pointer

2. Mouse Pointer -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer -: How can I increase the size of my Microsoft Mouse pointer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/764239be-5892-4435-a308-b98c1e20fea8
  3. pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer: Hello I am also facing a big problem with mouse pointer moving itself to left bottom corner or right top corner. Few windows pop up wherever it stuck. Please advise. I have tried re-installing mouse but it's the same. Please advise....
  4. mouse pointer jumping aroung

mouse pointer jumping aroung: Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue. Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When...
  5. Hightlight for Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hightlight for Mouse pointer: I want to make highlight for cursor , I cant find information how to make highlight cursor = anyone know how to make to add highlight for mouse pointer. 132385
  6. How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?

How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?: Hello, I need to know how exactly the pointer speed slider setting works. According to this website: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html, it scales the mouse dpi by the following values depending on your setting: 0.03125...
  7. Pointer issues

Pointer issues: Since the Windows 19 update on May 5, 2019, my mouse pointer has been randomly moving without any input from me and i have difficulty regaining control. I have tried everything I could find. There are no restore points prior to the update. Any ideas?...
  8. 0x0 problem in logitech mouse...cannot control pointer range

0x0 problem in logitech mouse...cannot control pointer range: 0x0 is error my Logitech mouse pointer will not go where I want it...too big of a range...cannot specifically direct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x0-problem-in-logitech-mousecannot-control/98576244-d018-4ae7-a8df-2f2b22aca10c
  9. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  10. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue: Hello, I am working with a Dell laptop that I have connected to my BenQ 4k UHD display via a USB-C connection. I was adjusting settings when I noticed that my mouse pointer (a.k.a. cursor) disappeared from both the laptop screen and my BenQ monitor. After trying all sorts...