Windows 10: Pointer

Discus and support Pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Sal6767 Win User

Pointer

When I place my pointer over a button it will press it even if I do not press the touchpad. How do I turn that off

:)

Sal6767, Nov 8, 2018

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Pointer

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Pointer

1. Pointer - Similar Threads - Pointer

2. I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD: Need someone to read my minidumpsTried Updating DriversTried memtest no errors with mdschedTried reinstalling OS.Tried swapping ram so still happening.This is my dumps from previous days.Ive also uploaded my system...
  3. I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD: Need someone to read my minidumpsTried Updating DriversTried memtest no errors with mdschedTried reinstalling OS.Tried swapping ram so still happening.This is my dumps from previous days.Ive also uploaded my system...
  4. I need Help with REFERENCE BY POINTER BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated: I did get my hands on few Windows 98 mouse pointer icons such as busy and busy working at background. They are directly taken from a good old Windows 98 VM so file extensions and formats are okay with win10 ani. Problem is everytime I boot my laptop it defaults to garbage...
  6. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated: I did get my hands on few Windows 98 mouse pointer icons such as busy and busy working at background. They are directly taken from a good old Windows 98 VM so file extensions and formats are okay with win10 ani. Problem is everytime I boot my laptop it defaults to garbage...
  7. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  9. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  10. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization