Windows 10: Policies set on my home computer (windows 10 Enterprise) - Do not know why, I never set any

Discus and support Policies set on my home computer (windows 10 Enterprise) - Do not know why, I never set any in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Enterprise, this is my home device and has never been connected to a work network. Windows Update always gives me issues because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjsys1, Oct 28, 2018.

1. kjsys1 Win User

Policies set on my home computer (windows 10 Enterprise) - Do not know why, I never set any

Running Windows 10 Enterprise, this is my home device and has never been connected to a work network.

Windows Update always gives me issues because it says "Your organization has set some policies to manage updates"

I've tried looking the local policies (secpol.msc) but to no avail. Do not know what else to try to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kjsys1, Oct 28, 2018
  2. kk60 Win User

Win 10 Enterprise 1511 to 1607 and Group Policy Settings

I have several workstations with Win 10 Enterprise 1511 and the settings governed by group policy are indicated by "Some settings are managed by your organization." in red. After setting up a new workstation with Win 10 Enterprise 1607, the Windows Update
    setting, which is governed by group policy [Notify for download and Notify for install], no longer shows that indication. I thought I read that the group policy setting still applies and the indication is now missing. I'd appreciate any info about this change.

3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 28, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Policies set on my home computer (windows 10 Enterprise) - Do not know why, I never set any

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Policies set on my home computer (windows 10 Enterprise) - Do not know why, I never set any - Similar Threads - Policies set home

2. My windows settings isnt opening and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows settings isnt opening and i dont know why: it did open at some point and said settings updating and i left it but its still not opening can u please tell me how to fix thisthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-settings-isnt-opening-and-i-dont-know/acbd080b-fd5a-45fb-8534-9ead03bbfa98
  3. My windows settings isnt opening and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows settings isnt opening and i dont know why: it did open at some point and said settings updating and i left it but its still not opening can u please tell me how to fix thisthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-settings-isnt-opening-and-i-dont-know/acbd080b-fd5a-45fb-8534-9ead03bbfa98
  4. Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?: All of the posts by Microsoft are useless for this issue. Power management simply does not work. Mine are set exactly to the correct spec and nothing works. I do not know what to do....
  5. My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows 10 computer will not wake up and Sleep is set to Never: AcerAspire E5-576G x64-based PCWindows 10 10.019042 Build 19042 It used to work fine and this would only happen once in a while now every morning the computer is asleep and I have to reboot it to get it going. This wastes a lot of time.It's plugged in and set to sleep Never....
  6. My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.: I have always logged into my computer using a password. I never set up a pin. I chose this option at install. Now, it's asking me for a PIN. Since I don't have a PIN that I know of, I click "Forgot my Pin" I enter my microsoft account password, and it gives me the...
  7. Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...: [ATTACH] See the three policies under "Policies set on your device"? I didn't set those myself with Group Policy and this device is not enrolled in any MDM as shown here: [ATTACH] So why are those policies set? How can I get rid of them? Thanks, Jacob...
  8. Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my computer have Windows Update policies set by Group Policy and Mobile Device...: [ATTACH] See the three policies under "Policies set on your device"? I didn't set those myself with Group Policy and this device is not enrolled in any MDM as seen here: [ATTACH] So why are those policies set? How can I get rid of them? Thanks, Jacob...
  9. Group Policy Settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings Windows 10: How does one reset all group plicies to default settings in windows 10. I have no executable named "gpedit". Thanks Peeps..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-settings-windows-10/d99877a9-7349-49ec-91a5-aaf9edac8be4
  10. I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.: Title says enough. I got on my computer a little while ago only to find that it had mysteriously rebooted. I looked in the event log and discovered that about 25 minutes ago there was a blue screen. No one was around the computer at that time, ruling out the cold boot bug....