Windows 10: Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to control the "Group Policy" in Win 10 Home Edition? gpedit.msc is not available in this edition. 12684 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emeth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition

Is there any way to control the "Group Policy" in Win 10 Home Edition?

gpedit.msc is not available in this edition.

:)

emeth, Aug 3, 2015

2. When I try to create a system restore poing I get this error 0x81000203

Hello Andy,

I guess you're using Windows 10 Home. Right? If yes, then Group Policy Editor is not available in Windows 10 Home. It will be available in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise editions. As per the limitations and design, Windows 10 Home don't come
    with Group Policy Editor.

Hope this will address your

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Turn off or Disable Edge Swipe / Gestures on tablet?

registry doesn't work Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition :(

Local group policy editor only available in Win Enterprise/Pro an not in Home edition

When will Microsoft add a simple setting to Disable fraking swipe ?

Dreams-of-Space, Aug 3, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Check this link, it might also work in Windows 10

altae, Aug 3, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    True. It's the same as for Windows 8.1 core.

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2015
  6. emeth Win User
    Thanks, I will try this.

emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hell Emeth,

That's correct Group Policy is not available in the Windows 10 Home edition.

I find that trying to add Group Policy to an unsupported edition usually ends in disaster.

If you like, you can also manually set group policy in the registry. The link below can help you search for policies to see where to set them in the registry. I don't know if it's fully updated for Windows 10 yet though.

Group Policy Search

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  8. altae Win User

Good point. It's definitely wise to create a system image before you start playing with gpedit*Thumbs

altae, Aug 3, 2015
  9. emeth Win User
    Thank you

emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  10. reddice Win User
    Nothing ticks me off when I am forced to go to a Home edition of Windows like I had to do when I got a new computer and it does not have Group Policy Editor. Really the only thing I needed and used from the Pro version. I still don't understand why Microsoft does not include it. I also don't understand why some one did not even write a third party program which I would even pay for if affordable that had Group Policy Editor tweaks in it.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  11. altae Win User
    But you can add it. Why would you want a third party app if you can simply add gpedit?. It's not even that complicated. Just create a system image before you start.

altae, Aug 8, 2015
  12. reddice Win User
    Right now I need gpedit to disable this file came from another computer but you bet I can't disable it because I have home. I think I am going to pay for the pro upgrade. Home is too restrictive.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just a FYI that trying to add Group Policy to an unsupported edition usually ends in disaster, or doesn't work well.

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  14. reddice Win User
    I agree. I tried that trick in Windows 8 and the Group Policy thing did not work. The thing is that the gpedit that you download on a unsuported version of Windows I think is from the XP days. I still don't understand why someone like winaero does not write a tool that has Group Policy Editor tweaks in the 3rd party program. What the program will do is look at the registry files and let you tweak them but using the program which will be much easier. Still after all of these years and no such program.

I swore that I would never get the Home version of Windows again after Vista. What really gets me was I bought this Dell computer in April and I opted for Windows 8 Home because I though that Microsoft will give all upgrades Windows 10 Pro like they did when they released Windows 8 upgrade. If I would have know it would have known that the upgrade was going to be the limited Home version I would have paid more and got Windows 8 Pro right from Dell.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  15. sgage Win User
    Microsoft made it clear early on that Windows 8 Home would upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

sgage, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Policy Editor Not Available In Win 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Policy Editor Available

2. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition: Danielski,I want to enable Windows Long Path on Win 10 Home Edition and "gpedit.msc" is missing. Therefore, I need to know how to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc....
  3. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition: Danielski,I want to enable Windows Long Path on Win 10 Home Edition and "gpedit.msc" is missing. Therefore, I need to know how to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc....
  4. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  6. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  7. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition

How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition: I've tried several different ways to download local group policy editor, and I am having no luck can someone please help?thank you,Stevie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-local-group-policy-editor-on/468fa8b0-e938-4673-be9e-0baf40f321d4
  9. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition: Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily. But using gpedit.msc does have some limits and may not work as intended. How can I try it? Using any version of Windows 10 you are able to download the installer...
  10. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: Is there a simple and safe way to install "Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on my Win 10 Home Edition PC version 1909? I viewed an ItechTips article that had three methods, including a zip file installer didn't work another method with a powershell script, which was discouraged...