Windows 10: Polytonic Greek

Discus and support Polytonic Greek in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have added the Greek polytonic keyboard but I cannot seem to get certain characters. I want to be able to add a breathing mark and accent to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyleConfused, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Polytonic Greek

I have added the Greek polytonic keyboard but I cannot seem to get certain characters. I want to be able to add a breathing mark and accent to an individual letter, combining ά and ἀ. Looking at the onscreen keyboard, I can see it is possible to combine some breathing marks with accent marks, for example ἔ (though when I try alpha I just get ῞α). Essentially, I just cannot seem to get the full range of diacritics that I need to type Greek. Is there another keyboard or font I could install that would be more functional?

:)

KyleConfused, Jan 31, 2019
  2. rosivach Win User

polytonic greek in windows 10

A Greek language pack including polytonic Greek would be helpful. Meanwhile, I have Windows 7 on another machine, with polytonic Greek. Are there any files I can copy to Windows 10 as a work-around until language pack with polytonic Greek is available?

Thanks.

rosivach, Jan 31, 2019
  3. rosivach Win User

Is there a Greek polytonic keyboard on Windows 10? My language choice shows only modern (non-polytonic) Greek.

TIA

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rosivach, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Polytonic Greek

Hi,

A polytonic Greek keyboard is definitely helpful if you're writing in ancient Greek. As this language pack is not yet available in Windows 10, we encourage you to share this suggestion with us by sending a feedback. To do so, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Feedback in Cortana, the search box on your task bar.

• Select Add new feedback, then fill our the form.

You can also check if somebody else has already offered the same suggestion. You can vote for it or leave a comment.

To know more about the available language packs in Windows 10, you can refer to the links below:

Windows 10 Language Packs

Language Accessory Pack for Office

Feel free to post back for further queries.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Polytonic Greek

1. Polytonic Greek - Similar Threads - Polytonic Greek

2. Greek polytonic keyboard layout now broken in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek polytonic keyboard layout now broken in Windows 10: Hi there,I've previously used the Greek Polytonic layout in Windows 10 to create resources for classical Greek. It's now stopped working following an update: the 'polytonic' keyboard layout for both Greek and Greek Cyprus is now the same as standard Greek - see screenshot of...
  3. Greek polytonic keyboard layout now broken in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Greek polytonic keyboard layout now broken in Windows 10: Hi there,I've previously used the Greek Polytonic layout in Windows 10 to create resources for classical Greek. It's now stopped working following an update: the 'polytonic' keyboard layout for both Greek and Greek Cyprus is now the same as standard Greek - see screenshot of...
  4. Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement: I suggest MS add lunate sigma U+03f2 to the Polytonic Greek keyboard. It has an earlier history at least 4thC BCE than the forms of sigma final and other that MS currently includes earliest 1stC CE, but probably only really from 8thC CE. Lunate sigma is less common than other...
  5. Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement

Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement: I suggest MS add lunate sigma U+03f2 to the Polytonic Greek keyboard. It has an earlier history at least 4thC BCE than the forms of sigma final and other that MS currently includes earliest 1stC CE, but probably only really from 8thC CE. Lunate sigma is less common than other...
  6. Greek Polytonic Font Accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek Polytonic Font Accents: I'm having trouble with the Greek font in Windows 10.On my old computer, I had a Greek polytonic font enabled that allowed me to type breathing marks and accents in Greek. I've installed the only Greek font offered in Windows 10 onto my computer, but I can't seem to get it to...
  7. Greek Polytonic Font Accents

Greek Polytonic Font Accents: I'm having trouble with the Greek font in Windows 10.On my old computer, I had a Greek polytonic font enabled that allowed me to type breathing marks and accents in Greek. I've installed the only Greek font offered in Windows 10 onto my computer, but I can't seem to get it to...
  8. Greek polytonic keyboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Greek polytonic keyboard: There is currently no Greek polytonic keyboard available on Windows, for use in typing ancient Greek, only non-polytonic modern Greek. I see this question was asked in 2017, but it still is not available. Are there no plans to add it?...
  9. Greek Polytonic for Windows 10 - where is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Greek Polytonic for Windows 10 - where is it?: I'm trying to install the Greek Polytonic keyboard, but all I can find is the modern Greek keyboard (Ελληνικα). I've read all the forum topics on installing Greek Polytonic, but when I go to the menu in Region & Language there is no such option. Please advise?...
  10. Ancient Greek - polytonic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ancient Greek - polytonic: hi, on my old Windows 7 computer I use the' Easy Accent' system for Greek - which is really good, and easy to use. I can't seem to get it to install or work in Windows 10. What should I do to fix this please? thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. polytonic greek keyboard windows 10

2. greek polytonic keyboard windows 10

3. polytonic keyboard windows 10

4. polytonic greek writing program for windows 10,
  5. windows 10 polytonic greek,
  6. polytonic greek on windows 10