Windows 10: Poor audio output from bluetooth device

Discus and support Poor audio output from bluetooth device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, there seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth driver in the laptop. Seeing that for every wireless headphones/earphones connected to my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louna Masri, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Poor audio output from bluetooth device

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth driver in the laptop. Seeing that for every wireless headphones/earphones connected to my laptop the audio output quality is poor whereas when I connect the same gadgets on other devices the sound quality is normal.

I tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver completely from the device manager multiple times but the problem remained the same.

thank you in advance.

:)

Louna Masri, Mar 2, 2020
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Mar 2, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Poor audio output from bluetooth device

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Poor audio output from bluetooth device

1. Poor audio output from bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Poor audio output

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  5. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  6. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  7. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  8. Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device: I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC Windows 10 but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager....
  9. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  10. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...